I know not everyone is a big Jim Hunter fan...

crowmst3k!

I hate the Yankmees, everything about them. Growing up in Upstate NY they and the Mets were on TV every day. I HATED Phil Rizzuto! Also can't stand Michael Kay!

OHHHHH, just found out John Sterling does the most annoying baseball call EVER!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hnaHgmf3Sxo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Homerism is generally okay. (unless you're Hawk. That's a bit much.) My main issue is that he says dumb things.

The other day he said that Reimold wasn't as fast as Jones. I'm pretty sure that Buck has said in the past that Reimold is one of the fastest guys on the team. I think he's stereotyping because Reimold is a large white man, and Jones is a more athletic-looking black man.

And he said that teams would rather Wieters hit right handed. Seriously??

The mind numbing stream of stats aren't coming from the announcers, they are coming from their producers. It's just worse with Hunter because he has nothing else to say, so he feels he must avoid the dead air with yet more stats.

I understand the producer-to-announcer stat mechanism, but I would love it if Thorne, Hunter, and Manfra would ignore them every now and then.

I'm really getting tired of Hunter making a big deal out of every 2/3/4-game hitting streak.

There were approximately 5.999 billion people in the world who didn't have a 2-game hitting streak in the majors last year. It's quite rare when you think about it that way.

Hunter said something really stupid tonight: "The Royals have really had trouble controlling the running game this year. They've only thrown out 32% of runners trying to steal. 13 runners have stolen successfully, and only 6 have been thrown out!"

Uh, Jim.....the AL average for throwing out runners is 27%. The Royals at 32% are 4th best in the league. Their 13 stolen bases allowed is also 4th best in the league.

Not every team has Matt Wieters.

Hunter is better then Bordick. I know he coaches the Orioles and cannot say anything bad about an Oriole. Dickerson runs to third on a ball in front of him and Bordick says he did a good job of getting in the line of the throw. Flaherty is hitting the ball hard and they just are not falling in. Reimold is swinging the bat hard. I guess it does not matter that he is missing the ball by 2 feet. Most of the times he says the same thing. The players are working hard with the coaches. He seems to just read what the stat guy gives him on the other team and nothing else. I though he got a little better at the end of last year but seems to be very boring again. I do know about footwork in the infield.

Hunter is better then Bordick. I know he coaches the Orioles and cannot say anything bad about an Oriole. Dickerson runs to third on a ball in front of him and Bordick says he did a good job of getting in the line of the throw. Flaherty is hitting the ball hard and they just are not falling in. Reimold is swinging the bat hard. I guess it does not matter that he is missing the ball by 2 feet. Most of the times he says the same thing. The players are working hard with the coaches. He seems to just read what the stat guy gives him on the other team and nothing else. I though he got a little better at the end of last year but seems to be very boring again. I do know about footwork in the infield.

Yeah...this team together (Hunter/Bordick) is downright bad. Hunter still thinks he's on radio as he gives you the description of each and every play. It's really quite annoying.

I think if you had a Thorne/Bordick or Hunter/Palmer team it would be a lot better. When you've got these two together, you are looking at an extremely boring telecast.

Yeah...this team together (Hunter/Bordick) is downright bad. Hunter still thinks he's on radio as he gives you the description of each and every play. It's really quite annoying.

I think if you had a Thorne/Bordick or Hunter/Palmer team it would be a lot better. When you've got these two together, you are looking at an extremely boring telecast.

I'll bet Thorne and Palmer have it in their contracts that they don't work with Boredsick and Homer, or Dumbsey for that matter.

I'll still take Hunter over the Nats' Bob Carpenter and Santangelo/Dibble/Sutton(whoever else they've had.. I think someone already said it here but Carpenter whines about umps and calls that go against the Nats way too much.

I'm about 98% sure the reason I can't root for the Nats at all is because of their announcers. I tried to watch Nats games when they first came to town and just couldn't do it. And their broadcast teams (on the radio, too) have driven me to hate them all.

Archived