Gausman being called up?????

barellano

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BAD juju! :ohlord:

I mentioned his 150 innings limit tonight twice in the game thread, Shut down like Stra. September 1. :)

As I mentioned before in another thread, he pitched about 140 last year and should be good for 180 this year. Stras was also coming off TJ, Gausman is not. I think you may be over thinking the inning count a bit. If he averages 6 innings per outing the rest of the year, he would be able to complete the year. If by some stroke of luck he averages 7 innings an outing, he would be shut down about the first part of September. 8 innings and he is shutdown mid August.

And really, doesnt pitch count per game have a greater impact on things? I hate this innings pitched thing. If you throw a 60 pitch complete game, should that 9 innings weigh the same as a 4 inning 80 pitch game and a 93 pitch 5 inning game?

I am throwing caution to the wind on this one.

Yeah, I'm excited to see the kid. At this point, I'm not interested in playing armchair manager. He might not be ready, but he wasn't exactly struggling. I'm looking forward to seeing him, and hoping for the best!

Absolutely.

Well he probably has the best stuff in the organization aside from maybe Tillman and Bundy. From all reports he has the mental makeup too.

Overall I'm pretty optimistic about this. As someone else mentioned he's an SEC pitcher and has pitched in some major games before.

Lets hope he is our missing link!

As I mentioned before in another thread, he pitched about 140 last year and should be good for 180 this year. Stras was also coming off TJ, Gausman is not. I think you may be over thinking the inning count a bit. If he averages 6 innings per outing the rest of the year, he would be able to complete the year. If by some stroke of luck he averages 7 innings an outing, he would be shut down about the first part of September. 8 innings and he is shutdown mid August.

I am throwing caution to the wind on this one.

The answer my friend, is caution to the wind.

The answer is caution to the wind.

The answer my friend, is caution to the wind.

The answer is caution to the wind.

I edited my post instead of creating a new one. I added this as well-

"And really, doesnt pitch count per game have a greater impact on things? I hate this innings pitched thing. If you throw a 60 pitch complete game, should that 9 innings weigh the same as a 4 inning 80 pitch game and a 93 pitch 5 inning game?"

As someone who has tickets to tommorows game, selfishly, I wish Kevin was going then. But this is still awesome news.

I realize there are team control ramifications to bringing him up this early, but this was a move that had to be made, imo.

As someone who has tickets to tommorows game, selfishly, I wish Kevin was going then. But this is still awesome news.

I realize there are team control ramifications to bringing him up this early, but this was a move that had to be made, imo.

I think Jonesy might get a spark out of this. Seemed to take to the kid in ST, filling his locker full of donuts and all.

Buck's coy interviews are the GOAT

Paraphrase from last week.."Yeah. We'll see Gausman. He's starting tomorrow in Bowie if you want to see him"

"Thursdays start is between TJ and Jake"

Lol he knew.

I tapped, I talked, I conquered.

I'm not as enthusiastic about rushing this kid to the bigs. We've had way too many 'sure things' end up flopping, why will Bundy/Gausman be any different? Let them earn their way to the bigs and prove themselves consistently. I know Manny worked but position players are different.

I watched this guy pitch in a college game exactly one year ago (and I don't watch much college baseball).

This is an incredibly risky move (as I thought the Manny move was last year). It will either be a terrific success or a boon upon DD's legacy.

I edited my post instead of creating a new one. I added this as well-

"And really, doesnt pitch count per game have a greater impact on things? I hate this innings pitched thing. If you throw a 60 pitch complete game, should that 9 innings weigh the same as a 4 inning 80 pitch game and a 93 pitch 5 inning game?"

Cool. I was just singing the song. I hadn't read the rest of your post.

I can see where there's skepticism because this is similar to the Matusz situation a few years ago. However, when Matusz came up he looked really good. With what he's doing at AA (omitting one bad start) there's a lot to say he can succeed with us. The past can't always predict the future, especially now that we have competent folks running the show.

This is an incredibly risky move (as I thought the Manny move was last year). It will either be a terrific success or a boon upon DD's legacy.

Don't these mean the same thing? Sounds like you're saying it's a win-win situation. :)

Archived