Toronto Series - Immature Humor

oriolefan1035

It's lucky for us that Dick Pole isn't their pitching coach.

On a side note. If your last name was Pole, why on Earth would you name your poor son Richard?

It's ashamed Dick Pole was done in the major leagues a year before Rusty Kuntz entered it. That would have been an epic battle. Pole vs Kuntz, who would have come out ahead?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's ashamed Dick Pole was done in the major leagues a year before Rusty Kuntz entered it. That would have been an epic battle. Pole vs Kuntz, who would have come out ahead?

Pretty much every man alive knows that Kuntz would have out lasted Pole.

Think what will happen when these Jays' pitchers face the Mariners. I understand there's some bad feeling between the two teams, and the Mariners' clumsy manipulation will increase friction and inflame the members of the Toronto pitching staff, who will threaten to rise up and shoot their seamen.

Dickey, Wang, and Johnson all have the ability to move their pitches in and out of the zone. The Orioles just need to keep the hits coming. Just keep coming at them til they can't take it any more. The more they go in and out, the more we keep coming at them. My fear is we'll jump on top and come at them too early. We may have to come from behind. Either way, someone is walking out of there satisfied. It rarely happens at the same time. You just walk around with your head held high and hope they don't come down with any headaches the next time we're in town. We may have to take matters into our own hands, if that happens.

Thorne and Palmer just referred to this on the broadcast today (start of the bottom of the 5th inning). There was a LONG pause after Thorne announced 'Dickey, Johnson and Wang are going for the Jays'. It was pretty clear they paused to make sure they didn't lose composure (or more likely they had a producer in their ear saying "Gary, don't.....DON'T"

Maybe we should direct them to this thread for material......

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Draft and AS game are over. Now the fun can begin. Basically have 2 weeks.
    • Nah no sarcasm.  How about just for this year thoughts?  So you can throw age and control out the window. Fedde reminds me a lot of Bradish. Just without the extra 2-3 mph on the 4FB.  I agree with the point that Fedde is probably more of a regular season option and ALDS type SP while Skubal would give us a huge advantage every round against the elite of the elite.  Skubal seems a lot like what the Mariners hoped to have bought in Bedard all those years ago. 
    • I think the depth is an issue here because we really don’t get the top top Latin players each year. We’re doing better down there, but teams like the Yankees, and Dodgers, consistently get top 3-5 classes. We’re just getting up to average-ish range.  The draft is only 50% of the amateur talent grab. Maybe even only 40% considering it’s only 20 rounds now. 
    • I have and I’ve seen highlights. I don’t watch a lot of non AL East baseball. Outside of having a prop bet on Skubal to win the CYA. Just wondering what people thought. Not just trying to get a response to criticize.  Plus, do we really know that Fedde is even cheaper than Skubal?  Their GM has demanded a lot before. @Moose Milligan do you think Skubal is that much better than Fedde for just the rest of this season?  So that way we take out the extra year of club control.  
    • Look at their respective Statcasts and tell me what you see. 
    • I’m sure this has some hint of sarcasm to it. Because the answer to this question seems rather obvious. 1) Look at the age of the two pitchers. (27 v 31) 2) Fedde has NEVER been good before this year.  3) Look at Skubal’s Ks, Ks per nine, ERA not just this season but last year. It’s absolutely elite. 4) Fedde is a pitch to contact kind of guy, even in this his lone good season. Does that strategy really work/could it dominate in the postseason when you are facing the elite of the elite? Maybe against a team like SEA? But against NY, HOU, PHIL, LAD? Probably not. 5) We need a pitcher who is good enough to be successful over the course of multiple rounds, not just the opening round/one particular matchup. 6) Look at the difference in stuff. 7) Skubal is left handed. That has an advantage when pitching in parks like Camden Yards and Yankee Stadium.
  • Popular Contributors