Do you like the Feldman trade?

Tony-OH

How do you feel about the Feldman trade?  

295 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the Feldman trade?

• I love it: The Oriole are going to the World Series now
    • I like it: The Orioles are a better team
    • I don't like it: The team is not improved
    • I hate it: We are worse off then before the trade.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm ECSTATIC that we got anyone decent for these two! :2yay-thumb:

Nobody in their right mind is going to say that we traded Jake and Pedro for a World Series ring, so the first voting option is completely ridiculous. But how you can you NOT love this? :awesome:

But I'm real curious, who's the one person who said we're worse off than before? Doesn't really matter who, but I'd love to hear the explanation for that vote.

I wonder how Cubs' fans feel about this. It is better to get something than nothing, but I wouldnt be impressed with this return.

The Cubs are just taking a gamble. It's not like Jake and Pedro are old and washed up. A change of scenery could do them well. The problem for the Cubs is if those two don't improve, they're stuck. Nobody is going to want Jake or Pedro after Chicago if things don't workout. Jake's ceiling will always be high, and it seems the Cubs thought it was higher than any other offer they got. Seller's don't make trades like this to improve in the short run. It actually reminds me of when the Giants got Armando Benitez and thought their bulpen worries were over. Same thing here.

If I was a Cubs fan Id be satisfied, not happy, but satisfied. Arietta is the definition of a change of scenery guy, as is strop. Both have the talent to be elite. Either of them has roughly the same chance of panning out as a b level prospect.

But as O's fans, I dont see how we cant be ecstatic. We werent getting anything from either of them this year and couldnt afford to keep them around to blow games we needed to win. Feldman is exactly what we need to get to the playoffs and once we're there anything can happen.

I think I'm probably between the 2nd and 3rd options, but close to the 3rd, so that's what I went with.

I do think the Orioles are a better team after the trade, so I get that argument. But I guess at the end of the day I'm just not that high on Feldman, and I feel like Arrieta could have been a pretty enticing 2nd or 3rd piece to a trade for someone better. But I'm guessing the Orioles explored everything and felt this was the best they were going to get.

The Cubs are just taking a gamble. It's not like Jake and Pedro are old and washed up. A change of scenery could do them well. The problem for the Cubs is if those two don't improve, they're stuck. Nobody is going to want Jake or Pedro after Chicago if things don't workout. Jake's ceiling will always be high, and it seems the Cubs thought it was higher than any other offer they got. Seller's don't make trades like this to improve in the short run. It actually reminds me of when the Giants got Armando Benitez and thought their bulpen worries were over. Same thing here.

Two 40 man spots are a less valuable thing for a team like the Cubs.

I'm ECSTATIC that we got anyone decent for these two! :2yay-thumb:

Nobody in their right mind is going to say that we traded Jake and Pedro for a World Series ring, so the first voting option is completely ridiculous. But how you can you NOT love this? :awesome:

But I'm real curious, who's the one person who said we're worse off than before? Doesn't really matter who, but I'd love to hear the explanation for that vote.

I still wanted to vote that for fun ;)

Not that it changes things too much, but Arrieta would still have had an option next year.

I thought this was it . I still think Jake needed to go elsewhere. It wasn't going to happen here.

I just saw Jake was never sent down in 2011, I could of sworn he was. Cubs benefit from that.

hey all -- Big Cubs fan here, tried to sign up immediately after the Feldman trade went through, but it took 2 days for me to gain permissions to post.

I've read a lot of your opinions on the players the O's gave up for Feldman/Clevenger...and if you all want any info from a fan who watched him several times this season, I'm willing to tell ya what I know.

BTW, Nice board here. and yeah, nice team. The O's are legit.

hey all -- Big Cubs fan here, tried to sign up immediately after the Feldman trade went through, but it took 2 days for me to gain permissions to post.

I've read a lot of your opinions on the players the O's gave up for Feldman/Clevenger...and if you all want any info from a fan who watched him several times this season, I'm willing to tell ya what I know.

We take our time. Fairly selective place. Welcome.

We liked what we saw tonight. Assume that is what you have been seeing.

Archived