Manny Ramirez

CA-ORIOLE

I would love for Manny to get back to the majors just for the entertainment value. He has to be one of the more amusing players in MLB in recent memory.

I mean, would anybody even be that surprised if he was called up to the Rangers this week and started at DH against the O's on Thursday, and looked absolutely terrible striking out in his first three at bats, then convinced Ron Washington not to pinch hit for him by performing a traditional Chinese dance he learned while playing in Taiwan, then hit a dramatic game changing homer off Tommy Hunter but was instead called out for running the wrong way around the bases, then high fived an umpire and proposed marriage to a random fan on his way back to the Rangers dugout, then in the middle of his post-game press conference it was found out he had been banished from MLB for paying all NL pitchers millions of dollars to pitch terribly whenever facing Yasiel Puig thereby creating Puigmania in LA in order to make Dodgers fans finally forget the unfulfilled promises of Mannywood, which would eventually aid Manny in his plans to run for mayor of LA and then use his political power as mayor to make his way into the Hollywood film scene starring as Captain Jack Sparrow in the Spanish language remake of Pirates of the Caribbean??

I still don't understand how he gets away with not spending 100 roster days suspended. MJ walked away from basketball for several years and came back great, why wouldn't others just take the same path, the economic reward could be worth it (yes I know he is donating his prorated salary, but the point it s the same).

He was always ridiculous but funny. l still remember the play at OPACY in about 2004- 2006 where he jumped up and made the catch over the left field wall, high-fived a surprised Sox fan in that row, then threw out a really slow runner that had tagged from first. Hilarious, at least in retrospect.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Archived