2013 Minor League Depth Chart

Tony-OH

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice Tony! This is great to look at. I'd love to ask particulare questions on players once I've reviewed it more thoroughly.

Real quick, it looks like you have Joel Hutter as SS at Aberdeen and as UTL at Frederick.

This is great Tony, I really appreciate you putting this together. Just another reason of many of why I love the OH!
Thanks. Yeah, I was just looking for someone to put into Aberdeen. At 23-years old, I think Hutter will get a utility job higher in the system. Aberdeen is tricky because the draft will fill a lot of spots.

Very nice work. Thanks.

Man - Bowie's going to be stacked this year. I'm looking forward to hitting some games over there! Thanks Tony.

I tell you what, that Norfolk team is going to be pretty darn good as well. You can really tell the depth DD has added to the organization at the upper levels.

Is there inside word that Mike Wright will make the Norfolk rotation? He was pretty mediocre in his half season at Bowie last year and got rocked in the Arizona Fall League. Natural progression would seem to be at least starting the year in Bowie.

Wright could very well go back to Bowie but with Redmond being claimed, I think he's the natural guy to fill out the rotation at Norfolk. The Orioles liked what they saw from Wright despite the mediocre at best numbers at Bowie last year so I see him getting the nod to Norfolk as long as his spring goes ok in minor league camp.

Dickerson is wasted at DH. He is probably the best outfielder of any of the AAA guys.

He'll be in that outfield rotation. I had to stick someone in there, but they'll almost certainly rotate those guys in the outfield and in the DH spot.

Tony, this is a really great snapshot of where the organization is right now, thanks! Any more info on Mychal Givens? I was somewhat excited about him when we drafted him - as I recall, a raw but very promising physical specimen - and a SS? But suddenly, he's vying for a relief pitching role in the low minors after raking in the Australian Baseball League last year? What a strange short career so far. Any updates on Mychal?

Tony, this is a really great snapshot of where the organization is right now, thanks! Any more info on Mychal Givens? I was somewhat excited about him when we drafted him - as I recall, a raw but very promising physical specimen - and a SS? But suddenly, he's vying for a relief pitching role in the low minors after raking in the Australian Baseball League last year? What a strange short career so far. Any updates on Mychal?

Right now he's trying to convert himself into a power reliever after his bat and fielding ability failed to live up to initial expectations. I heard he git some decent movement on his pitches and he got the win today with a couple of shutout frames so he's off to a good start.

Any particular reason why Tyler Wilson and Brandon Waring were placed on Aberdeen's roster? I certainly understand roster crunches, but I wouldn't have expected either of them to be the first to go. Unless they were unhealthy or not in shape to start the season with a team.

Any particular reason why Tyler Wilson and Brandon Waring were placed on Aberdeen's roster? I certainly understand roster crunches, but I wouldn't have expected either of them to be the first to go. Unless they were unhealthy or not in shape to start the season with a team.

The Orioles use the Aberdeen squad during this time of year as a defacto place to stash guys. There could be various reasons, but Wilson could be there just until his next start. Waring right now looks like the odd man out in the 1b/3B between Norfolk and Bowie.

Archived