Michael Morse "almost certain" to join the Orioles (Update: Acquired for Avery))

Greg

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry if this has been mentioned already, I didn't read the thread. But why is everyone assuming Valencia's bat is going to go with Morse coming? IMO, he'll play LF and Pearce will be replaced.

I think that Valencia would stay. He just would not play much. And I do think he would be the optioned player. He would not come back until after Sept 1.

Ick. Why would we start Morse over Valencia against a lefty? His OBP was .320 last year and that's 40 points higher than this year. There's no reason to start him at DH with Valencia and WB. That means he's a pinch hitter. Surely there is a better way to spend $1 million and if there is any sort of prospect involved DD must have lost his mind.

Duquette is not going to give up any prospects for him. As long as Velencia is hot, I'm probably not going to start Morse over him, but either way, it means either he or Morse will be on the bench as a PH option which strengthens the team. Also, I'm hoping that Buck will consider using Morse for McLouth or Markakis occasionally against tough lefties as well. You guys act like spending a million bucks is a lot of money. Angelos probably spends that much on a weekend trip to Greece. :D

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, I didn't read the thread. But why is everyone assuming Valencia's bat is going to go with Morse coming? IMO, he'll play LF and Pearce will be replaced.

Pearce is definitely the guy Morse would replace.

Archived