Andy MacPhail is no different.....

Peace21

I am. Im worried if Andy MacPhail can get out of his own way, and make a trade without second guessing.

There once was a man who made a boat load of trades, and got rid of everyone who was worthwhile. He did it quickly and completely. He said at that time that some future GM would look really smart because of the moves he made. Well if nothing else we got Mora out of all that. I am more than willing to wait on AM, just making a move is not improvement or rebuilding.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I mentioned this in a previous post but Flanny is transitioning from Solitaire to Minesweeper this week and will be occupied until further notice.

Maybe he's the one that's been assigned the task of monitoring the Hangout for info. He's hitting 'refresh' every 5 minutes like most of us.

There once was a man who made a boat load of trades, and got rid of everyone who was worthwhile. He did it quickly and completely. He said at that time that some future GM would look really smart because of the moves he made. Well if nothing else we got Mora out of all that. I am more than willing to wait on AM, just making a move is not improvement or rebuilding.

I am relying on what more qualified experts on here have told us about Jones and the other guys, but judging by what they've said, there have been SOLID offers on the table. MacPhail may never get what he is asking, and then what? Then we start the year with Bedard and Roberts? There goes another year of rebuilding right down the crapper!

Just make a deal with my cubbies and let's get this over with :

Cubs get : Roberts and Bedard

O's get : Pie, Marmol, Veal, PTNL= Vitters, Colvin, Gallagher

Done deal

:D

Done. Colvin and Gallagher don't need to be PTBNL, either.

I am relying on what more qualified experts on here have told us about Jones and the other guys, but judging by what they've said, there have been SOLID offers on the table. MacPhail may never get what he is asking, and then what? Then we start the year with Bedard and Roberts? There goes another year of rebuilding right down the crapper!

Thats why these trades have to be the best they can possibly get. After everyone is gone and you have not really improved on what you already had, then you see years go down the crapper not just a year.

I disagree with Mackus. Pass on this one.

Really? Pie and Gallagher is more than we can hope for in return for Roberts.

You'd pass on Marmol, Vitters, Colvin, and Veal for Bedard?

This deal isn't even remotely feasible from the Cubs perspective, both in total value and in moving parts like Pie and Colvin of which they pretty much have to keep one.

The PTNL would be Vitters because he can't get traded until february i believe. Anyway let's send the paperwork to the mlb offices so we can wrap this thing up.

:D

JimboHendrey, when McPhail was with the Cubs would he wait out trades and deals like this until the last minute? Is this his modus operandi?

Really? Pie and Gallagher is more than we can hope for in return for Roberts.

You'd pass on Marmol, Vitters, Colvin, and Veal for Bedard?

This deal isn't even remotely feasible from the Cubs perspective, both in total value and in moving parts like Pie and Colvin of which they pretty much have to keep one.

Well i was thinking more like this when i made my original post :

Pie, Vitters, Marmol and Colvin for Bedard

Gallagher and Veal for Roberts

Anyway it really doesn't matter how you want to break it down. You would be getting a nice 6 man package. I know the names the mariners can throw out there are more sexy for you oriole fans but there is no guarantee you will be able to get 4 of their top prospects. Taking into consideration the AM connection with the cubs i think he would accept this package from the cubs. AM knows that farm system very well. With that being said Hendry would never offer this.

Archived