Andy MacPhail is no different.....

Peace21

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JimboHendrey, when McPhail was with the Cubs would he wait out trades and deals like this until the last minute? Is this his modus operandi?

Yes he is known for taking a lot of time with this kind of things. Actually Jim Hendry is kind of similar with the way he goes about his business. I remember a couple of years ago when the cubs got Nomar in a crazy 4 way deal. That deal happened about 1 minute before the 4:00 PM deadline. If you ask me nobody knows what is really going on between these two right now. Similar guys working together means that not much is going to get leaked into the public before anything is official. Both of this guys aren't afraid to wait things out.

In your opinion, do you think he has gotten some good deals that he likes and he is just playing the waiting game to see what else might come up and if not he will accept the offer he has recieved?

I honestly have no clue whats going on. The warehouse has cracked down on the leaks. My guess is we will have a good idea where this offseason is going by the end of the week.

I honestly have no clue whats going on. The warehouse has cracked down on the leaks. My guess is we will have a good idea where this offseason is going by the end of the week.

I could be wrong and don't hold me to this but I thought I read in an article, maybe on prospect insider, somebody close to the negotiations said that he expects Thursday. I will try to find the article.

"He predicts the Mariners will introduce Bedard at a press conference Thursday, “if not well before” and that the Mariners will certainly have vastly overpaid in the deal."

It was from the article yesterday on prospect insider.

I think its funny, that they think they are overpaying for Bedard.

"He predicts the Mariners will introduce Bedard at a press conference Thursday, “if not well before” and that the Mariners will certainly have vastly overpaid in the deal."

It was from the article yesterday on prospect insider.

Well THAT's promising! And here comes another 10 pages added to this thread! Thanks for the info big leagues!

Archived