Per Rosenthal: Balfour (FINALLY) to Orioles...

xian4

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The owner flushed lots of money down the toilet with Roberts and Markakis. He will spend lots of money to keep a legitimately great player. Angelos likes to keep his stars. See Adam Jones. He'll pony up for Davis. Good guy, fan favorite, stays healthy.

Boras wont let Davis take a below market deal like Jones did.

The owner flushed lots of money down the toilet with Roberts and Markakis. He will spend lots of money to keep a legitimately great player. Angelos likes to keep his stars. See Adam Jones. He'll pony up for Davis. Good guy, fan favorite, stays healthy.

If Davis turns in a 2014 season similar to his 2013 season, he'll be too expensive for Angelos, who, despite handing out "big" contracts to keep several of "his" stars, has never handed out a $100+ million contract. And Davis would likely get much more than that on the open market.

Depends on the season he has this year. I doubt he has a repeat of last season.

Even if Davis hits .280 35hr 100rbi he's still gonna be a 160m player.

The owner flushed lots of money down the toilet with Roberts and Markakis.

Markakis was a solid contract until this year. First four years of the contract OBP 2009 .347 2010 .370 2011 .351 2012 .363. I think the lack of activity this year is a signal that the brass believes 2013 was an aberration and at age 30 he is still capable of .350+ OBP with some pop. I am not sure if I agree but it's not out of the question. I would not characterize Nick's contract as flushing money down the toilet.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Acdg to industry source, <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Orioles&src=hash">#Orioles</a> are 1 of 3 teams with a 2 year deal on the table for closer Grant Balfour. 1 offer has vesting op for 3yrs</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

">December 12, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yup we can kiss him goodbye

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dont know which team has a 2yr w an option for a 3rd for Balfour. Sense is it isnt the <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Orioles&src=hash">#Orioles</a>, but dont know for sure.</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

He gone

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Acdg to industry source, <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Orioles&src=hash">#Orioles</a> are 1 of 3 teams with a 2 year deal on the table for closer Grant Balfour. 1 offer has vesting op for 3yrs</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

Yup we can kiss him goodbye

56d.gif

Archived