Did Roberts want out of Baltimore?

Ommaculate

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do not lose sleep over this Cindy. It was a package deal. His wife gets tickets for her family and friends and he'll have his parents come up and see how he has made it to the big stage. As I said on my earlier post they'll get to meet celebrities and probably get photos with them to show their friends how connected they are. For a little guy he has a big ego. I'm not surprised. He injures himself and basically robbed the team of millions of dollars and leaves without giving them a chance to match his offer or even tell them he was leaving. I didn't want him back and I'm glad he is gone because you never knew when he was going to play. He should have retired a year or two ago and negotiated a buyout and saved the team some money. Will he take out a full page ad in the Baltimore Sun thanking the people of Baltimore for his time here? I say no. He is all about money and being a little celebrity. I wonder what the players really think about him going to NY? They are probably glad he is gone.

I agree with this post 150%. If I were him, and this were all true, I would choose NY. He only has 1-2 years left in him and yes, NY does provide a better chance at a WS ring.

Not that much better. Remember, this was an 85-win team last year, same as the Orioles. Yes, they've added Beltran and Ellsbury and McCann but man is that lineup old, old, old. There are probably a dozen teams in MLB I'd rather play for if the goal was to win a WS next year.

I agree. If you really, truly care about him, you'll be happy for what makes him happy and content. Instead of crying over him being happy now.

Care about him? Be real, most fans don't know Brian Roberts from Adam. Why would I care if he is happy or not? He is no longer an Oriole. It makes no difference to me what happens to him now. Brian Roberts cares about Brian Roberts and, I care about Oriole players, of which he is no longer one.

Care about him? Be real, most fans don't know Brian Roberts from Adam. Why would I care if he is happy or not? He is no longer an Oriole. It makes no difference to me what happens to him now. Brian Roberts cares about Brian Roberts and, I care about Oriole players, of which he is no longer one.

Oo

adam-jones-10-mlb.jpg

In case you missed it, the "you" in 71Dadandme's post was mainly addressed to CindyLuvsB, who clearly does care. Not at all unusual to care about players even after they've left a team. It's a bittersweet experience, but not unusual--take, for example, the way many OH'ers were both anguished and delighted for Koji the last season and a half.

In case you missed it, the "you" in 71Dadandme's post was mainly addressed to CindyLuvsB, who clearly does care. Not at all unusual to care about players even after they've left a team. It's a bittersweet experience, but not unusual--take, for example, the way many OH'ers were both anguished and delighted for Koji the last season and a half.

I still can't believe Unitas was traded. Everything else is about a magnitude of 1,000 times less important (to me).

Do not lose sleep over this Cindy. It was a package deal. His wife gets tickets for her family and friends and he'll have his parents come up and see how he has made it to the big stage. As I said on my earlier post they'll get to meet celebrities and probably get photos with them to show their friends how connected they are. For a little guy he has a big ego. I'm not surprised. He injures himself and basically robbed the team of millions of dollars and leaves without giving them a chance to match his offer or even tell them he was leaving. I didn't want him back and I'm glad he is gone because you never knew when he was going to play. He should have retired a year or two ago and negotiated a buyout and saved the team some money. Will he take out a full page ad in the Baltimore Sun thanking the people of Baltimore for his time here? I say no. He is all about money and being a little celebrity. I wonder what the players really think about him going to NY? They are probably glad he is gone.

1. "Robbing" something is generally considered an intentional, pre-meditated act. I'm sure Brian's injuries were not and that he would have rather been playing for his salary instead of rehabbing, especially when the team was fighting for a post-season berth.

2. The Orioles strongly implied that they were not committed to Roberts. I'm sure he heard a lot of complaints about him displacing Flaherty--and there is also now J. Weeks to outplay. Why head into another ambiguous situation--ironically, like competing with Jerry Hairston again, a decade later--when he seems to have a much better opportunity elsewhere? A player wants to play. He and his wife are probably dreaming of a glorious season in New York--really can't blame them.

Archived