Did Roberts want out of Baltimore?

Ommaculate

Who said they never wanted Roberts back and are complaining now? I always used to post I wanted Roberts back if the Orioles had a bad offseason and acquired nobody better which looks to be happening before our eyes.

No offense to a player I like and still respect a lot, I'm glad Brian is gone! Go Flash! And go Schoop!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Trading Hardy for good pitching, putting Manny at short and Roberts at second doesn't sound too bad right now. Flash covers 3rd.

That sounds like a terrible plan to me. Hardy won't get that great of pitching, Manny might not even be ready to play till May, Flaherty hasn't even come close to proving himself to be a starter, and Roberts is likely heading for the DL before the Yankees second home stand of the season.

Brian Roberts was a great Oriole during many dark years--Is being one of the best lead-off hitters in all of baseball good enough for you skeptics? I remember that after many games lost in the late innings the only player sitting afterwards in the dugout was Brian, still in the process of slowly accepting the fact that there was no way to salvage the game. Anyone who doubts his will to win is a fool. I hope he has a glorious last year and becomes a media darling, although I'm chagrined that it will be with the Yankees. Well, it's karma, I've just got to accept it--Brian deserves whatever acclaim he receives. He certainly won enough games against the Y's for us.

Brian Roberts was a great Oriole during many dark years--Is being one of the best lead-off hitters in all of baseball good enough for you skeptics? I remember that after many games lost in the late innings the only player sitting dejected in the dugout was Brian, still in the process of slowly accepting the fact that there was no way to salvage the game. Anyone who doubts his will to win is a fool. I hope he has a glorious last year and becomes a media darling, although I'm chagrined that it will be with the Yankees. Well, it's karma, I've just got to accept it--Brian deserves whatever acclaim he receives. He certainly won enough games against the Y's for us.

He sucks.

Ironically, the Orioles started winning when Roberts wasn't much of a factor because of injuries.

I don't blame him for wanting out, but it's not like he ran out of Baltimore during 2007, when the team had no hope whatsoever to compete.

And he went to a team that while better than the Orioles, has its own issues.

He is the enemy now. That is all. Seriously, when someone goes to the Yankees - especially when they don't even give the O's a chance to counter - they're showing their true colors.

So feel free to get all teary-eyed over lil' Brian and his spark plug personality - and his past performance - all you like. For me, he's just another mercenary who went to the Yankees for a payday and a bigger stage.

Now, if the Orioles still sucked horribly, I would probably be a little kinder. But things have changed in the past couple years. Roberts himself said exactly that! So again, I say: buh-buy. I hope the Orioles somehow, despite our relative lack of talent and tiny payroll - make you regret this decision.

Archived