Emilio Bonifacio just got DFA (Bonifacio signs with Cubs)

Greg

Rating in winter ball good for him. The Giants didn't want this guy. They're gonna play Morse in LF that tells me everything i need to know about him.

Who cares? He replaces LJ Hoes in the minors. You have been complaining about losing LJ Hoes, you should be happy they replaced him. you are not a consistent complainer.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who cares? He replaces LJ Hoes in the minors. You have been complaining about losing LJ Hoes, you should be happy they replaced him. you are not a consistent complainer.

What are you talking about? I loved the Norris trade please get your facts right.

No fans of other teams want this guy. Go look around the internet. Especially people who have actually seen Bonaficio play.

I wouldn't necessarily mind if Duquette and company gave Bonifacio a look, mulled it over a little, perhaps put him in AAA-Norfolk (assuming that Duguette went ahead and signed him), and hence, we would have another backup infielder hanging around the organization for insurance.

But to insinuate that you are drinking the proverbial Kool-Aid just because you DON'T want him is preposterous.

I wouldn't necessarily mind if Duquette and company gave Bonifacio a look, mulled it over a little, perhaps put him in AAA-Norfolk (assuming that Duguette went ahead and signed him), and hence, we would have another backup infielder hanging around the organization for insurance.

But to insinuate that you are drinking the proverbial Kool-Aid just because you DON'T want him is preposterous.

Do you make stuff up as you go? I said he was drinking the Kool-Aid cause he thinks Weeks, Almanzar , Pearce , Peguero , Casilla are better then Bonifacio. Not cause he didn't want him.

Bonifacio >>>>>> Weeks, Almanzar , Pearce , Peguero , Casilla

Bonifacio is better backup at second base then we have and might be better then the starter. Add in that he can play the OF too.

Why do you want a guy who couldn't get on base at a 30% clip last year. Why are you accepting mediocrity?

Why do you want a guy who couldn't get on base at a 30% clip last year. Why are you accepting mediocrity?

Just saying he's better then Weeks, Almanzar , Pearce , Peguero , Casilla .

Do you make stuff up as you go? I said he was drinking the Kool-Aid cause he thinks Weeks, Almanzar , Pearce , Peguero , Casilla are better then Bonifacio. Not cause he didn't want him.

You quoted him when he said that Bonafacio stinks, which he did last year. If you are saying that he is "drinking Kool-Aid" because he believes that Weeks, Pearce, Peguro, etc. are better than Bonafacio, that is still preposterous.

Bonafacio didn't even have a .300 OBP last year, and now the Royals DFA'd him. There is nothing Kool-Aid-like about a fan that isn't interested in Emilio Bonafacio instead of those other players. They are all marginal, and at this point, Bonafacio wouldn't be much of an upgrade or a downgrade as a backup infielder.

You said he would fill many holes. He won't.

We can agree to disagree. I think Bonifacio is a better utility infielder then Casilla or Weeks. If Manny not ready for opening day Bonifacio is the answer. He can play a good OF too.

We can agree to disagree. I think Bonifacio is a better utility infielder then Casilla or Weeks. If Manny not ready for opening day Bonifacio is the answer. He can play a good OF too.

If Manny is out an extended amount of time, then that changes things somewhat. I think Bonifacio could be marginally better than weeks, casilla, and De Jesus. But I'd like to give those guys the opportunity for a part time role than pay 3.5mm for a backup. If they want to spend money to upgrade 2b and have Flaherty be the utility guy, that's great. Bonifacio's not that guy.

Archived