Today-What a Lineup!

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't see it that way. I see it as paying full price to be somewhere warm and watch baseball a full month earlier than you normally would. I think I would pay $40 to go to a spring training game full of scrubs. I really would.

Me too. And they aren't scrubs. Some of them become Adam and Manny.

BALTIMORE ORIOLES O (vs. PHILLIES, 3/12) [spring Training]

David Lough - CF

Jemile Weeks - 2B

Nick Markakis - RF

Chris Davis - 1B

Nelson Cruz - LF

Ryan Flaherty - 3B

J.J. Hardy - SS

Steve Clevenger - C

Nolan Reimold - DH

Ubaldo Jimenez - RHP (13-9, 3.30 ERA) *

* [iNDIANS]

OPPOSING PITCHER

A.J. Burnett - RHP (10-11, 3.30 ERA) *

* [PIRATES]

http://baseballpress.com/lineup.php

God it would be amazing to see ubaldo throw another gem while we knock around Burnett!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Real team leader, plans his births for outside of reg season.

;)

Yeah, I remember this coming up a couple of times the last few years and wondering why our players weren't planning this better. Good to see Adam get out in front on this important issue.

I actually think the ML vs. AAA/AA/A games in the Grapefruit League are pretty annoying. Living in Texas, I watch some of the Rangers' Cactus League games. Because their stadiums are so close together (and most of them are shared by 2 teams), the away team seems to have a number of regulars in each game.

I don't think it's a big deal, and I don't think they "owe" the fans anything in exhibition games, but I do wonder if there is any impact on preparation when Grapefruit League-based teams' regulars are regularly facing minor league squads throughout the spring.

I guess when your starting LF is injured, your CF is still on his way back from the birth of his first child, and your starting RF has a little shoulder tendinitis, that is how you end up with a starting outfield of:

LF Pearce

CF Cruz

RF Young

Actually I think it's the coaching staffs creative method of demonstrating why inducing grounders is important.

BALTIMORE ORIOLES O (vs. YANKEES, 3/15) [spring Training]

Nick Markakis - DH

J.J. Hardy - SS

Nelson Cruz - CF

Chris Davis - 1B

Steve Pearce - LF

Delmon Young - RF

Jonathan Schoop - 2B

Caleb Joseph - C

Alex Gonzalez - 3B

Chris Tillman- RHP (16-7, 3.71 ERA)

OPPOSING PITCHER

Vidal Nuno - LHP (1-2, 2.25, 4.98 ERA) *

* (2-0, 1.44 ERA, 0.640 WHIP, 30 SO, 2 BB, 25 IP) @ AAA-Scranton-Wilkes Barre

http://baseballpress.com/lineup.php

OPPOSING PITCHER

Vidal Nuno - LHP (1-2, 2.25, 4.98 ERA) *

* (2-0, 1.44 ERA, 0.640 WHIP, 30 SO, 2 BB, 25 IP) @ AAA-Scranton-Wilkes Barre

In addition to having impeccable control last year at AAA-Scranton (2 walks and 0 hit batsmen in 30 innings pitched), Nuno has had it (outstanding control) throughout his minor league career, from the Rookie Leagues up through the AAA level, and everywhere in between. For his (minor league) career, he has walked only 80 batters in 428 innings, for an average of 1 walk every 5.35 innings.

In his very brief stint in the majors last year, on the other hand, he walked 6 batters in 20 innings pitched (1 walk every 3.33 innings.) That's an ultra-small sample size though, compared to his 5-year minor league career so far.

Archived