2014 Ubaldo Jimenez Today

Il BuonO

Jimenez faces the Red Sox today, a team with whom he has not fared all that well in the past. Here's what he's done in the last two years. You may not want to look.

IP 12

H 19

ER 17

HBP 1

BB 11

SO 15

Well, here's to new beginnings.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Boy, these guys own him. And from I could see he didn't pitch all that bad. A couple of mistakes to good hitters but otherwise better than what he had shown previously against them.

IP 6

H 5

R 4

BB 3

SO 6

2014 ERA 6.00

That 0-2 pitch to Napoli was a huge mistake, but otherwise from the limited coverage I got via MLB, he looked to have some good stuff.

IP: 6

H: 5

R: 4

BB: 3

SO: 6

2014 ERA: 6.00

Great job, buddy. You're doing fine. :cool:

O

Pitches: 96 (63 Strikes, 33 Balls)

PITCHES BY INNING

17 (10 Strikes, 7 Balls)

10 (10 Strikes, 0 Balls)

19 (11 Strikes, 8 Balls)

23 (15 Strikes, 8 Balls)

14 (10 Strikes, 4 Balls)

13 (71 Strikes, 6 Balls)

Great movement as others have said, but command was not there. Missed his spots even when getting strikes. Napoli finally made him pay. The key is throwing the splitter for strikes, but did not happen tonight. Sox are the pefect team to take advantage of his weaknesses. I can see why he has struggled against them. Hopefully next time.

Yeah, even the homer he gave up to Ortiz was a quality pitch, a 2-seamer that ran back in onto the inside corner. 99% of hitters in the league don't hit that pitch out, and 90% don't hit it at all.

I was impressed. If he brings that stuff to every game, he's going to live up to the contract.

Yeah, even the homer he gave up to Ortiz was a quality pitch, a 2-seamer that ran back in onto the inside corner. 99% of hitters in the league don't hit that pitch out, and 90% don't hit it at all.

I was impressed. If he brings that stuff to every game, he's going to live up to the contract.

Yeah that pitch to Ortiz was just one of those, fat guy puts a lot of his weight behind it homers. I don't see many players doing much but fouling that off or poping it up.

Looked very good to me. Even the Ortiz pitch wasn't that bad. Just that bleepin Napoli pitch. I don't know why Wieters even called a FB in that situation, 0-2 he had a few pitches to waste.

You must have low expectations out of your number two guy. If he pitches like this he will be lucky to stay in the rotation.

Archived