vs. TIGERS, 4/06

OFFNY

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We may not win this game. Our track record says that we won't. Anyone who thinks that a run through four innings is poor pitching on our starter's part should not have been watching baseball anyway. It's tough to have a red pip with almost a thousand posts. I was tempted myself.

Nobody said it was bad pitching on our part-the pessimism comes from knowing that that one run may well be enough to beat our weak offense.

Nobody said it was bad pitching on our part-the pessimism comes from knowing that that one run may well be enough to beat our weak offense.

No. A guy said after the home run that it was ball game. That he now could do something productive. That's fine, just don't come here with that crap. I promise I will neg rep the next one.

The players have monetary incentive to play well. Millions of it. We don't.

Ok... So you're saying they still feel that they are in it and there's a good chance they haven't given up based on this financial incentive? So why would you stop watching, if you enjoy watching baseball and the O's?

I wish our pitchers weren't afraid to throw all breaking stuff to hitters. But apparently Matt won't allow it and the pitchers won't shake him off. Frustrating.

Agree when we get behind it's all fastballs.

Ok... So you're saying they still feel that they are in it and there's a good chance they haven't given up based on this financial incentive? So why would you stop watching, if you enjoy watching baseball and the O's?

Guys like Flaherty, Schoop, Lombo, etc. want knocks real bad. If they don't get them they get sent down and maybe career is over. Maybe it's time to go back to college. These are young guys you know. It's a tough world if you don't make it in the Majors.

Archived