Angelos yet to sign off? ESPN

minnesotaoriole

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont know how true this is, but I wouldn't worry about it. Like I've said on here a few times this offseason, PA has given the ball the AM. Dont worry guys

PA is a very busy man, dont read this article thinking that hes sitting there with the trade in front of him, thinking it over and on the fence for 2 days, because that is not whats going on

This makes no sense and is probably a bogus report. The source is probably either Ken Rosenthal or Jon Heyman, both Angelos bashers...

Unless Pete has not fully exfiltrated himself from baseball operations.

I'm going to go with - this is a significant event for the future of his franchise and he wants to be a little more in the loop.

If it does not go down, I think we can safely say McPhail will not be successful in his role / will likely leave and Pete is back to his old ways.

Sounds like this is a pretty good deal for both sides - a true win / win.

I don't see angelos holding bedard in the same regard as he does roberts, especially after erik's latest comments. Additionally, Jones is a much bigger name than any of the confirmed names discussed in the roberts deals. I don't see Petey voiding this one, but I'm still nervous as heck over here.

This makes no sense and is probably a bogus report. The source is probably either Ken Rosenthal or Jon Heyman, both Angelos bashers...

Actually, it makes pretty good sense if the "inside" info we've heard is accurate. It explains MacPhail's "denials", it explains Belkast's post that the deal will not be announced until Tuesday.

He better.

If not, I'm done with this team.

For God's sake Lex. You've made this comment so much it doesn't hold water anymore. You're like the boy who cried wolf. I predict that IF Angelos does veto the trade, you'll still be back on here like the rest of us, every day! ;)

If this is true, Angelos needs to relinquish head control to someone else who has a high stake in the ballclub. I know Angelos has other things to attend to, namely lawyering, and his little business there, but I just feel that things of this magnitude need someone who will be available to go over the details 24/7, not pend on someone who is not available because he has other "matters" like some important briefing from his droves of lawyer pupils. An owner of a baseball team needs to be just that, an owner who focuses mostly on his club and their needs, not those of some other business. If both conflict like it ALWAYS seems they do, then he needs to sell one or the other and drop this ego trip he has about saying he can manage two franchises because to me, it always has seemed that the Orioles take a backseat to Peter G. Angelos and Affiliates Inc.

Actually, it makes pretty good sense if the "inside" info we've heard is accurate. It explains MacPhail's "denials", it explains Belkast's post that the deal will not be announced until Tuesday.

MacPhail's denials are because physicals have yet to be taken. If somebody fails, they will have to rework the deal. Also explain why MacPhail would be there if Angelos had to analyze every deal. Andy will probably just tell him that we are good to go and he'll just sign the paperwork...

For God's sake Lex. You've made this comment so much it doesn't hold water anymore. You're like the boy who cried wolf. I predict that IF Angelos does veto the trade, you'll still be back on here like the rest of us, every day! ;)

Honestly, I only remember saying that one other time. :D

If I am Andy MacPhail, an Angelos veto of this trade sends me packing. I would not be surprised if Andy tells him "Pete, you sign off on this trade or I sign my resignation."

I really don't think its wise to give Angelos an ultimatum like that...

That's part does make sense. Belkast said Tuesday and the players might not get here until then anyway.

However, the implication in the ESPN 'story' is that Angelos signing off on the deal is a big issue. I don't think it is. They've only known that EB has wanted out for....what?........2 years now? :002_sbiggrin: I'm sure the general terms of the deal were disccussed in the warehouse almost 2 months ago. AM would know if it was an issue by this point.

Archived