Angelos yet to sign off? ESPN

minnesotaoriole

Well aleast we can say tha Pete did not shoot this one down because he has not even seen it yet. I like the part here he will not be available today. No wonder AM said nothing was final yet. Was it Belkast that said Tuesday would be a good day? I hope I'am getting the right insider.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This can't be true! AM has 100% control!:rolleyes:

I called you out on your constant questioning of MacPhail and Angelos a few weeks ago, and you made some comment about "when do I ever bash Angelos?" Yet hear we go again with another negative comment about them. I don't care about the sarcasm smilee, you obviously do not think AM has control, even though Tejada is long gone AND Bedard and Roberts' names have been in trade rumors all winter. I guess once these deals do go through, it will be US giving YOU the :rolleyes: !

I hope this is just a mere formality.... Angelos better have gave all power associated with the COO title to MacPhail. Doesn't COO stand for Chief Operating Officer? Yes, then let the Officer operate!!! (sounds a little too wordy)

He's the President of Baseball Operations, and since every GM since Gillick has been the VP of BO, then he should have the ulitmate say. Angelos just has to sign the paperwork and he will tomorrow after Jones gets his physical tomorrow morning.

MacPhail's denials are because physicals have yet to be taken. If somebody fails, they will have to rework the deal. Also explain why MacPhail would be there if Angelos had to analyze every deal. Andy will probably just tell him that we are good to go and he'll just sign the paperwork...

Deals are often announced "pending physicals". That wouldn't be the hold up IMO. Waiting for PA's signature and MLB's approval could.

Do we have to have a "angry mob after Angleos" thread every time we get close to a trade? I'd love to see the last like 4 side by side and see how many of the same statements are made.

Blah blah, PA nixes everything....

PA is the devil, blah blah....

Miggy and PA sneak into houses and steal puppies, blah blah....

Come on guys, lets give it a chance to go through before we start blaming Pete.

I called you out on your constant questioning of MacPhail and Angelos a few weeks ago, and you made some comment about "when do I ever bash Angelos?" Yet hear we go again with another negative comment about them. I don't care about the sarcasm smilee, you obviously do not think AM has control, even though Tejada is long gone AND Bedard and Roberts' names have been in trade rumors all winter. I guess once these deals do go through, it will be US giving YOU the :rolleyes: !

Look....I know Angelos and there is no way he gives up 100% power of a half billion $$$$ cmpany to AM. No way. I wouldn't give it up and doubtful anyone here would. I've also been told AM has to deal with his son to a point which is worse than dealing with PGA.

By the way I think this report is false!

Do we have to have a "angry mob after Angleos" thread every time we get close to a trade? I'd love to see the last like 4 side by side and see how many of the same statements are made.

Blah blah, PA nixes everything....

PA is the devil, blah blah....

Miggy and PA sneak into houses and steal puppies, blah blah....

Come on guys, lets give it a chance to go through before we start blaming Pete.

We aren't necessarily blaming him because we want to, but because of the ESPN report....... We can't dispute the facts and reports! WE just have to react to them

Look....I know Angelos and there is no way he gives up 100% power of a half billion $$$$ cmpany to AM. No way. I wouldn't give it up and doubtful anyone here would. I've also been told AM has to deal with his son to a point which is worse than dealing with PGA.

By the way I think this report is false!

So you think it is being made up by the media after all?

Deals are often announced "pending physicals". That wouldn't be the hold up IMO. Waiting for PA's signature and MLB's approval could.

Indeedy. Remember, this organization is an absolute stickler for making sure players pass their physical before inking a deal. I know it is generally a formality, but I'd rather know the guy's got a clean bill of health than not.

I hope everyone is right and this is just a formality. But I've got a bad feeling about this. You would think that McPhail & Angelos have been talking about this deal for quite a while if it's true that they talk multiple times a day. If that's the case, I would think Angelos should be pretty well-informed and would just give his approval over the phone.

My fear is that Angelos is "concerned" about something and wants to meet in person. That is NOT a good thing.

I really hope I'm wrong!

Archived