Brad Brach

xian4

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Non-closer relievers don't get large raises. He won't be making more then a couple million.

Just to pull a first year arbitration reliever out of a hat, Fernando Abad had 3 years of service time coming into this season, coming off a 1.57 ERA, 69 appearance, 1.7rWAR season in 2014 and he ultimately signed for just under $1.1 million. Brach has a better track record than Abad but hasn't done as much this season as Abad did last season, I think Brach's arbitration figures will be in the $1.1-1.4 range.

Thanks. He's due for quite a raise (I assume), and naturally I hope the sides agree before the hearing.

Non-closer relievers don't get large raises. He won't be making more then a couple million.

Just to pull a first year arbitration reliever out of a hat, Fernando Abad had 3 years of service time coming into this season, coming off a 1.57 ERA, 69 appearance, 1.7rWAR season in 2014 and he ultimately signed for just under $1.1 million. Brach has a better track record than Abad but hasn't done as much this season as Abad did last season, I think Brach's arbitration figures will be in the $1.1-1.4 range.

Wow, good reference. Thanks.

Considering that the average salary for MLB players is over $4 Million per year, that example (albeit only a single example) really drives Corn's point home.

Thanks. He's due for quite a raise (I assume), and naturally I hope the sides agree before the hearing.

Wow, good reference. Thanks.

Considering that the average salary for MLB players is over $4 Million per year, that example (albeit only a single example) really drives Corn's point home.

And this is what the negotiations looked like for Abad, back in January:

Abad had initially asked for $1.225 million when he filed for arbitration, and the A's countered at $850,000 ...... meaning that Abad got approximately $50,000 over the mid-point between his request and the team's offer.

That's a substantial raise for the reliever who is coming off of a career year, which is definitely not a bad thing in your first year of arbitration eligibility.

A's, Fernando Abad Avoid Arbitration

(Athletics Sports News)

http://bbstmlb.com/2015/01/24/fernando-abad-avoid-arbitration/

o

(vs. NATIONALS, 9/22)

2 shutout innings out of the bullpen.

He faced 7 batters, and got 6 of them out (he ceded 1 walk.)

3 of the outs that he recorded were via the strikeout.

I'm really glad that this guy is on our side. Solid, consistent, and dependable ...... kind of like the Nick Markakis of the bullpen.

o

(vs. NATIONALS, 9/22)

2 shutout innings out of the bullpen.

He faced 7 batters, and got 6 of them out (he ceded 1 walk.)

3 of the outs that he recorded were via the strikeout.

I'm really glad that this guy is on our side. Solid, consistent, and dependable ...... kind of like the Nick Markakis of the bullpen.

LOVE this guy. :clap:

Brach was a terrific find and one of Duquette's best trades to date. His cost, Devin Jones, is back with the Baltimore organization in A+ ball.

I think Jones retired earlier this year.

Yes, he did. On April 26th.

Here is a list of recently retired baseball players, both from the Major Leagues and the Minor Leagues:

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/today/tranx/retired.asp

Archived