Brad Brach

xian4

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Eh, typo on my part. Meant 30 days. The past month. He had been quite solid before the terrible past month, hence me asking should he be on the playoff roster. I'll amend my orignal post to days, and the point still stands, given his past 30 days, should he make the playoff roster, he's been pretty bad.

Yeah, he has not been good lately. He's lost the control he seemed to find for much of the year.

• 2 weeks later...

o

(vs. TIGERS, 10/03) O[A.L.D.S., Game Two]

Entered the me with a runner on 2nd base, one out, and the Tigers already having scored a run in the inning (and leading the game by a score of 6-3.)

Threw 5 pitches, got 2 outs, and prevented the Tigers from adding additional insurance runs.

In the right place at the right time to pick up the W.

Huge, largely overlooked couple of outs with men on base.

Yeah, but "Malike" said he should have been left off the playoff roster. Good think Buck didn't listen to the self proclaimed "King Solomon" of this board eh?:laughlol:

At least when I am wrong, I readily admit it....:thumbsup1:

Yeah, but "Malike" said he should have been left off the playoff roster. Good think Buck didn't listen to the self proclaimed "King Solomon" of this board eh?:laughlol:

At least when I am wrong, I readily admit it....:thumbsup1:

Don't hurt yourself patting yourself on the back. Where exactly did you admit to being wrong?

Besides, if Brach is left off the roster Buck is most likely bringing in one of HOM to get those final outs. Not exactly bad decisions.

Don't hurt yourself patting yourself on the back. Where exactly did you admit to being wrong?

Besides, if Brach is left off the roster Buck is most likely bringing in one of HOM to get those final outs. Not exactly bad decisions.

Where or When? I admit it almost every day I post here, you must not be paying attention! I was more wrong than anyone here on predicting this playoff series. In fact, I may have had the teams reversed! :laughlol:

o

(vs. ROYALS, 10/11) O[A.L.C.S., Game Two]

Entered the game with a runner on 1st base, one out, and the Royals leading by a score of 4-3.

After walking the first batter that he faced, he got Billy Butler to fly out, and struck out Alex Gordan to end the Royals' threat.

Pitched a scoreless 6th inning, ceding a 2-out single to Mike Moustakas.

Left the game after ceding a lead-off walk to Nori Aoki in the 7th inning.

OVERALL: 1.67 - Plus shutout innings.

• 6 months later...

o

(vs. YANKEES, 4/15)

Solid game from Brach tonight, when we needed it badly.

Our starter (Bud Norris) was only able to go 5 innings, as he was at 98 pitches.

Brach got the W by pitching 2 shutout innings, 0 hits, 1 walk, and 2 strikeouts. He also had a good strikes-to-balls ratio: 25 Pitches (17 Strikes, 8 Balls.)

That gave our offense a chance to come back to win the game, and bridged the gap enough for us to eventually get Zach Britton in there with a 2-run lead in the 9th inning.

o

(vs. RED SOX, 4/18)

Pretty good game today for Brach.

He came into the game with runners on 1st and 2nd base, one out, and he induced an inning-ending double play. That preserved the Orioles' narrow 1-run lead.

He got the first 2 batters of the ensuing inning out also, before Brock Holt reached on an infield single.

26 Pitches (17 Strikes, 9 Balls.)

Archived