Brad Brach

xian4

o

(SEPTEMBER 11th)

Like Darren O'Day, Brach seems to have bounced back nicely in 4 of his last 5 outings after a rare clunker against the Twins on August 31st, and another one 2 outings later against the Reds on September 4th.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/gl.cgi?id=brachbr01&t=p&year=2014

Another pretty good game for Brach.

I'm hoping that he has regained his form from earlier in the season.

o

(vs. BLUE JAYS, 9/15)

5 up, 4 down.

1 double.

0 walks.

2 strikeouts.

22 pitches (14 of which were strikes.)

Entered the game with runners on 1st and 2nd base with two outs, and the tying run at the plate. Struck out Joses Reyes to end the threat, and preserve Wei-Yin Chen's 5-2 lead.

Left the game after ceding a lead-off double to Dioner Navarro in the 8th inning on a 3-2 count.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
o

(SEPTEMBER 11th)

Like Darren O'Day, Brach seems to have bounced back nicely in 4 of his last 5 outings after a rare clunker against the Twins on August 31st, and another one 2 outings later against the Reds on September 4th.

o

(vs. BLUE JAYS, 9/15)

5 up, 4 down.

1 double.

0 walks.

2 strikeouts.

Entered the game with runners on 1st and 2nd base with two outs, and the tying run at the plate. Struck out Joses Reyes to end the threat, and preserve Wei-Yin Chen's 5-2 lead.

Left the game after ceding a lead-off double to Dioner Navarro in the 8th inning on a 3-2 count.

o

(vs. BLUE JAYS, 9/17)

Another good outing.

4 up, 4 down (Brach allowed one single, which was erased via a double play.)

Entered the game with a runner on 3rd base, one run already in, and the Orioles leading by a score of 4-1.

o

(SEPTEMBER 11th)

o

(vs. BLUE JAYS, 9/15)

5 up, 4 down.

1 double.

0 walks.

2 strikeouts.

o

(vs. BLUE JAYS, 9/17)

Another good outing.

4 up, 4 down (Brach allowed one single, which was erased via a double play.)

Entered the game with a runner on 3rd base, one run already in, and the Orioles leading by a score of 4-1.

o

(vs. RED SOX, 9/20)

3 up, 3 down.

2 strikeouts

11 pitches, 9 for strikes.

Does Brach make the playoff roster? Over the past 30 games, 4.76 ERA and 1.68 WHIP, both of which will get worse after today, and a .917 OPS against that will also get worse after today.

Yeah, I think he was a no-brainer a few weeks ago, but he has had some shaky outings this month. But I think he probably stays on the playoff roster.

Does Brach make the playoff roster? Over the past 30 games, 4.76 ERA and 1.68 WHIP, both of which will get worse after today, and a .917 OPS against that will also get worse after today.

I am not sure where you are getting those numbers his ERA in the last 30 games comming into today it is 2.70

I am not sure where you are getting those numbers his ERA in the last 30 games comming into today it is 2.70

His Whip is also under 1 in those games but if you want to go by different stats then yeah he should not make the team but I would rather go by actual stats.

I was looking at BB-Ref.

Last 28 days - 5.40 ERA 12 Games 10 IP 13 H, 7 R, 2 HR, 3 BB, 8 K, 1.600 WHIP.

[table]

[thead][tr][th]I[/th][th]Split[/th][th]W[/th][th]L[/th][th]W-L%[/th][th]ERA[/th][th]G[/th][th]GS[/th][th]GF[/th][th]CG[/th][th]SHO[/th][th]SV[/th][th]IP[/th][th]H[/th][th]R[/th][th]ER[/th][th]HR[/th][th]BB[/th][th]IBB[/th][th]SO[/th][th]HBP[/th][th]BK[/th][th]WP[/th][th]BF[/th][th]WHIP[/th][th]SO9[/th][th]SO/W[/th][/tr][/thead]

[tr][td][/td][td]2014 Totals[/td][td]7[/td][td]1[/td][td].875[/td][td]2.95[/td][td]44[/td][td]0[/td][td]8[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]61.0[/td][td]45[/td][td]21[/td][td]20[/td][td]5[/td][td]24[/td][td]1[/td][td]54[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]2[/td][td]246[/td][td]1.131[/td][td]8.0[/td][td]2.25[/td][/tr]

[tr][td][/td][td]Last 7 days[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td][/td][td]0.00[/td][td]2[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]2.0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]3[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]7[/td][td]0.500[/td][td]13.5[/td][td]3.00[/td][/tr]

[tr][td][/td][td]Last 14 days[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]1.000[/td][td]1.59[/td][td]5[/td][td]0[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]5.2[/td][td]4[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]5[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]21[/td][td]0.882[/td][td]7.9[/td][td]5.00[/td][/tr]

[tr][td][/td][td]Last 28 days[/td][td]2[/td][td]1[/td][td].667[/td][td]5.40[/td][td]12[/td][td]0[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]10.0[/td][td]13[/td][td]7[/td][td]6[/td][td]2[/td][td]3[/td][td]1[/td][td]8[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]2[/td][td]46[/td][td]1.600[/td][td]7.2[/td][td]2.67[/td][/tr]

[tr][td][/td][td]Last 365days[/td][td]7[/td][td]1[/td][td].875[/td][td]2.90[/td][td]45[/td][td]0[/td][td]8[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]62.0[/td][td]45[/td][td]21[/td][td]20[/td][td]5[/td][td]26[/td][td]1[/td][td]54[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]2[/td][td]251[/td][td]1.145[/td][td]7.8[/td][td]2.08[/td][/tr]

[/table]

Provided by Baseball-Reference.com: View Original Table

Generated 9/24/2014.

You said games, not days.

Eh, typo on my part. Meant 30 days. The past month. He had been quite solid before the terrible past month, hence me asking should he be on the playoff roster. I'll amend my orignal post to days, and the point still stands, given his past 30 days, should he make the playoff roster, he's been pretty bad.

Archived