vs. ASTROS, 5/09

OFFNY

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really wish they would wear the regular home white panel hats with the black jerseys at home. That would really look awesome.

Let's see if Chen can get out of the leadoff double.

They've really gotta do some throwback unis. Some solid all-orange uniforms. Or they could reintroduce those atrocious Ghost of Baseball Future uniforms that MLB did that one time.

How is the belt not below the midpoint of the top of the pants (where the belt is) and the shoulders?

Rule book states:

"The Strike Zone is that area over home plate the upper limit of which is a horizontal line at the midpoint between the top of the shoulders and the top of the uniform pants, and the lower level is a line at the bottom of the knees."

mid point between shoulders and top of the pants (belt area) is the belly button area, give or take a few inches..

Rule book states:

"The Strike Zone is that area over home plate the upper limit of which is a horizontal line at the midpoint between the top of the shoulders and the top of the uniform pants, and the lower level is a line at the bottom of the knees."

mid point between shoulders and top of the pants (belt area) is the belly button area, give or take a few inches..

You people must have short torsos. My midpoint is a lot closer to my sternum than my belly button.

We should of expected such from Thorne. Good announcer but not the best with the facts.

He's got a whole staff telling him this info. Do you think any announcer sits there and sorts through 145 years of stats?

Archived