Enough with the pies Adam!

Specman

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed..... give it a rest until somebody does something truly meaningful, like a no-hitter or hitting 3-4 hr's (is Pearce's 3 hits really pie worthy?)

Otherwise it's sure to be at least mildly annoying to the players at this point

It's 25 guys who are with each other day in and day out. Who knows what goes on in the clubhouse. Maybe there is a competition or something to see how many times a person can get pied by the end of the year.

I just think there are other things to complain about. Not a pie to the face.

So what? I enjoy it. It means they're winning.

I really enjoyed when Adam brought Markakis an actual banana cream pie and a fork to eat it with and then the bird got pied.

They're all actual pies this season. There was a report on the pregame show the other day about the bakery which makes them.

It would be one thing to complain about this if players/coaches/front office personnel had a problem with it. Every time I have seen it, I see all parties involved laughing and having a good time. There's no harm in this and everyone can have some fun with it.

What's the problem with it? It obviously has become a clubhouse tradition and must have a positive impact on moral or he wouldn't still be doing it. Jones is a class act and it's these type of things that prove he is a great leader for this franchise going forward.\

Lastly, it means the team is winning. I don't care what tradition they want to implement following a win (short of something that might hurt someone) as long as they win, I'm happy.

Take it with a grain of salt. But I just don't think this is something a guy who is a team leader should be doing constantly.

Anyway, I thought it was just for walk off wins and things equally as amazing like 3 homer games as ADZ23 pointed out. Not pedestrian wins like today.

Archived