Fastest Oriole in recent years?

Cheese Oriole

Granted that it was with two outs, but David Lough didn't even draw a throw home when he tied the game at 6. When he was about to cross the plate, the ball was still with the cutoff guy in shallow LF. As someone mentioned previously, that's why he's on the team.

Was Felix Pie faster when he was with us?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Depending on how far back we are going it would be Jeffery Hammonds if healthy when he came up early on.

Man, I was a huge fan of that guy. Such enormous potential, but so much trouble staying healthy. But he hung on for a while and made some good money playing, so in the long run, good for him.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6b83dhndWDg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's what speed does. Didn't Buck say Lough time to first base is the fastest he has seen?

Man, I was a huge fan of that guy. Such enormous potential, but so much trouble staying healthy. But he hung on for a while and made some good money playing, so in the long run, good for him.

Yeah he was my favorite player when he came up. He was a huge case stealer at Stanford but with his knee issues didn't get to see him as that in Baltimore. I believe in High School he ran a 4.3 40 yard dash.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6b83dhndWDg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's what speed does. Didn't Buck say Lough time to first base is the fastest he has seen?

Yeah Nolan reimold when healthy use to be the fastest to first a few years ago in all of baseball.

Curtis Goodwin was very fast as well. I think lot depends if you taking fast or quick. Many times a base stealer has to be more quick then fast. The key to stealing a base for anyone with speed is reading the pitcher and then accelerating quickly. Most of the top base stealers were not the fastest guys but got a great first few steps.

Archived