Jim Johnson

Jonesy10

The Union has great influence on Union Reps. The are the new organizational inefficiency.

Singleton sure took some crap. Kid will be able to take care of his family for generations now and still has signficant upside on another contract.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Buck has enough respect of everyone in the game to remove JJ from the closer role if he thinks that's the right move.
You would think if he really had pleaded his case for it. Oh well, J.J. got a little bit better at the end of the year that screwed everything up ;) We almost kept him ;)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Report: Marlins tried to acquire Jim Johnson from Athletics <a href="http://t.co/pByUohenFZ">http://t.co/pByUohenFZ</a> via <a href="https://twitter.com/CBSSports">@cbssports</a></p>— Eye on Baseball (@EyeOnBaseball) <a href="

">June 4, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

the marlins have made a lot of weird signings. i never understood why they got salty and jeff baker, it's not like they were contending this year. as for trading for JJ in his current state, i just don't get it at all

They need bullpen help but ownership won't release more money. So they trade the pick (1.4 million) for a relief pitcher and the cash to pay him then give Kevin Gregg the 1.4 million.

the marlins have made a lot of weird signings. i never understood why they got salty and jeff baker, it's not like they were contending this year. as for trading for JJ in his current state, i just don't get it at all

It's weird though, as of right now the Marlins are contending. I wouldn't expect it to last much longer, especially without Fernandez, but I hope it does. I love it when teams come out of nowhere to hang in the race.

Welcome to the board. Please read the terms of service in regards to posting format. Thanks and Welcome.

It's weird though, as of right now the Marlins are contending. I wouldn't expect it to last much longer, especially without Fernandez, but I hope it does. I love it when teams come out of nowhere to hang in the race.

I don't wish anything good upon Loria.

The A’s were willing to trade reliever Jim Johnson to the Marlins last weekend for a package that included the Marlins’ No. 39 draft pick, according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports.

The Marlins proposed a trade for Johnson and cash that would send the No. 39 pick of the upcoming draft and another player to the A’s, according to sources who spoke with Rosenthal. The Marlins instead opted to trade the pick Sunday to the Pirates for right-hander Bryan Morris.

http://tracking.si.com/2014/06/04/jim-johnson-athletics-marlins-trade/

I don't wish anything good upon Loria.

Good point. :D I'm wishing the good upon the players that nobody expected much of this year. Again though, I can't imagine them hanging around for the duration but nobody in the NL East is running away with things at the moment.

Singleton sure took some crap. Kid will be able to take care of his family for generations now and still has signficant upside on another contract.

I don't think the deal is that bad for the player when you consider his history with drugs (weed) and alcohol.

It isn't as if he was anything close to a sure fire prospect.

I don't think the deal is that bad for the player when you consider his history with drugs (weed) and alcohol.

It isn't as if he was anything close to a sure fire prospect.

He has some power. So did Brandon Waring. I think it is an ok deal for Singleton. He's a PCL guy.

Archived