Zrebiec: Other teams in the mix

JCK

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The story really says nothing. Of course other teams are chiming in to see whats going on with Bedard. If I'm a general manager I would be an idiot if I didn't call to see if the bumbling O's might take a couple of marginal prospects for Bedard.

I think they are just trying to throw everyone off the scent while they finalize the trade.

Most of these teams knew they weren't getting Santana and most of them are not in the Mets division. I really don't see any of the teams mentioned getting involved. I think the Cubs have shown interest and obviously the Mariners have. I think AM is trying to pressure Bavasi into giving up just a little more. Sounds like a bluff to me.
Could be. But bluff or not, the fact that MacPhail said it is an indication that he's dead serious that the M's trade isn't just being ironed out, as Belkast has been indicating.

Could be. But bluff or not, the fact that MacPhail said it is an indication that he's dead serious that the M's trade isn't just being ironed out, as Belkast has been indicating.

Why do you think that? MacPhail is just saying that other teams have called, and maybe they have. But they are still negotiating with Seattle until they get what they want, so the trade is still being ironed out.

I wouldn't expect anything tomorrow either now though with those comments, and I think MacPhail takes this to the brink and a deal is done on Thursday, the day of AM's self imposed deadline to trade Bedard and Roberts...

That article is pretty blah. Just mentions teams that dropped out. Im with the crowd that this may be filler or a way to get the M's to increase offer.

My guess is this is a last push to get the Mariners to include either Clement or Triunfel (more than likely the latter).

Can't be traded until 12 months, but the PTBNL can cover 6 months out, so as of the 15th guys like Vitters and Heyward can be a PTBNL.

I don't think I would want to wait that long to get control of a young player who is not going to get the full 100% attention of coaching staffs. This is the most important time for draft picks to develop and our coaching staff wouldn't even get to coach them.

Archived