Zrebiec: Other teams in the mix

JCK

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it just me or is this just a summary of who has dropped out of the talks and not much of a discussion of who is in? I like how Angelos is going to attending to personal matters most of the week now too. Misleading title imo.

Is this the part where we bash MacPhail or praise him for holding out so long?

I'm confused. Can other members of the horde tell me what the appropriate response is?

Thanks.

I'm still digesting it myself. On the surface, I guess it's all good news. 1) M's talks not dead. 2) Other teams calling. But at the same time, I think I'd have preferred an article saying the deal was done, and we're getting Jones, Triunfel, Clement, Morrow, Tillman, and Butler!

I like Jeff Zrebiec - he really seems to be following this EP version of the O's offseason with the same vigor as some of our top posters.

The more the merrier - get the best deal within the next few weeks and see how it plays out.

Go O's

Yesterday Bavasi said they'd been talking to numerous teams about starters, now it seems like we are trying to say well we have been talking to other teams too. I didn't see much substance...or even the name of a team. Maybe I read it wrong.

OK....I'm pulling this out of another thread. What about this:

Bedard to the Braves for Brandon Jones, Jordan Schafer, and Lillibridge.

Roberts to the Cubs for Pie, Gallagher, and Patterson.

We put Pie in CF, Patterson at 2B, and Lillibridge at SS. Schafer goes to Bowie.

We could include Reimold in the deal to the Braves, and try to pick up a pitcher, or add a reliever to the Roberts deal to get back an arm.

Few thoughts:

1) I saw somewhere that the Dodgers may have trown their hat into the race late for Santana.

2) Peace is asking about Boston and NY now...Could they be involved?

Extended thoughts - I thought someone on this board posted something regarding Torre that 'paraphrased' said Torre still wants a veteran lefthander. Not trying to fan the fire, simply pointing out a potential clue into what other teams may be interested.

Well there we have it, AM is as smart as we speculated. Take advantage of the leak of the trade being near complete, take advantage of Santana off the market and start calling all the teams impacted. Possibles:

ATL (santana fallout)

PHI (santana fallout) lite on prospects

ANA (block SEA)

SEA (duh)

COL (counter haren)

SD (counter haren)

CHC (duh)

STL (block CHC) lite on prospects

Archived