For everyone that wants Steve Clevenger up take a listen to this

Greg

And Joseph is now batting .119.

This sounds crazy, but if I sat on fastballs and prayed for walks, I might be able to hit as well as CJ.

Yea, that does sound crazy.

Remember the theoretical value of framing? It is possible that Joseph's tool box of pitch calling, framing and throwing makes him more valuable even with his bat.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yea, that does sound crazy.

Remember the theoretical value of framing? It is possible that Joseph's tool box of pitch calling, framing and throwing makes him more valuable even with his bat.

I am not arguing that he is doing a good job behind the place Corn. The dude is an automatic out. Every time. He sucks as a major league hitter. Play Hundley, play Clevenger. Heck-play Flaherty. I am tired of seeing this guy bat.

This sounds crazy, but if I sat on fastballs and prayed for walks, I might be able to hit as well as CJ.

When he was first called up I assumed that his early abysmal stats would tick up a bit as the sample size got bigger, but they have actually gone down.

I am not arguing that he is doing a good job behind the place Corn. The dude is an automatic out. Every time. He sucks as a major league hitter. Play Hundley, play Clevenger. Heck-play Flaherty. I am tired of seeing this guy bat.

I'm kinda tired of guys stealing bases at will on Clevenger.

All three of the current candidates are partial players that are better suited to limited play.

Just shows how much the team misses Matt.

All three of the current candidates are partial players that are better suited to limited play.

I say start him at second. If Ty Wiggington and Mark Reynolds can play the position, anyone can.

I believe that Brian Ward will catch for the Orioles before Clevenger will again.

My guess is it is a lot easier to teach Clevenger to hold runners than CJ to hit.

Maybe we can lore this guy out of retirement:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sal_Fasano

I happen to agree with her opinions, but I posted my "impressed" response because she actually had the stones to say the things she did without a PC filter. That's refreshing, regardless of the opinion being voiced.

This. Everyone else that is knowledgable is very sunshine and lollipops.

I don't mind Joseph too much... he at least contributes defensively. Same with Lough, although his bat has been atrocious enough to question it.

Flaherty must have a deal with the devil to stick in the majors for this long. He has never hit. The one thing he brings is decent defensive flexibility, so I can even understand keeping him.

But why Schoop? Especially over Weeks, who at least would bring a league average (at least) walk rate and the ability to swipe a base.

The lineup is really, REALLY one dimensional right now.

I don't mind Joseph too much... he at least contributes defensively. Same with Lough, although his bat has been atrocious enough to question it.

Flaherty must have a deal with the devil to stick in the majors for this long. He has never hit. The one thing he brings is decent defensive flexibility, so I can even understand keeping him.

But why Schoop? Especially over Weeks, who at least would bring a league average (at least) walk rate and the ability to swipe a base.

The lineup is really, REALLY one dimensional right now.

Lough would probably clear waivers. Berry or Borbon could probably replace (don't know how Borbon is defensively though). Let see what Peguero can do.

Pearce needs to play more (which he is and that is good).

You know my thoughts of Joseph.

Schoop is taking more pitches, but gotta agree. Weeks/Lombo would probably help this team much more right now. I like Schoop a lot too.

Flaherty has amazing flexibility. I respect that. But if he went down and played regularly for a bit, might get his bat going. He has options too.

It is refreshing to have a member of the local press offer her own opinion. In regards to Lough and Flaherty it is an opinion shared by many fans. We are saturated by the outright MASN propaganda led by Roch, as well as Bordick, Hunter, Davis, and Hunter. Ben McDonald was excellent to listen to on the radio the other night. He offers excellent insight. Dave Johnson is also very good. I am worried Britt will have her press credentials lifted and will not be allowed by PA to cover the team. The owner?s history with anyone from the press that dare write or say anything negative about the team is well documented.

Archived