For everyone that wants Steve Clevenger up take a listen to this

Greg

I happen to agree with her opinions, but I posted my "impressed" response because she actually had the stones to say the things she did without a PC filter. That's refreshing, regardless of the opinion being voiced.

I agree there. She's clearly the most candid of the beat reporters when she is asked for her own opinion.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's a reason if the true gap between his glove at 2B (primarily) and Weeks or Lombo is small enough to be mitigated by a greater increase in offensive output. If Flaherty returns to playing once every week or two, it's a probably non-issue, but he's played in 6 out of the last 10 games. That's too much for someone who brings so little to the table.

Sure. I don't mind him as a utility guy, that doesn't mean I want him as a starter.

Its hard to love Joseph right now EVEN for his better defense. I'd almost be willing to take a risk with Clevenger "being into himself" if it meant he was going to get some big hits or a HR here or there. Obviously Buck knows the players better than I do and he has his reasons but its hard to believe Joseph or Hundley are enough for the rest of the season.

It's not whether you like him or not. The pitchers like him and are comfortable throwing to him. Caleb shows the best defense and ability to throw out base runners of the 3.

"I don't want to see Ryan Flaherty anymore...I don't want to see him get any more at-bats. I don't want to see David Lough get any more at bats."

Wow, Britt. Wow.

My heart's all a-flutter.

Well said young lady, keep up the good work.

Its hard to love Joseph right now EVEN for his better defense. I'd almost be willing to take a risk with Clevenger "being into himself" if it meant he was going to get some big hits or a HR here or there. Obviously Buck knows the players better than I do and he has his reasons but its hard to believe Joseph or Hundley are enough for the rest of the season.

Clevenger was hitting .243 with a .300 OBP and .378 SLG (.678 OPS) when he was sent down. He did not hit a HR in 24 games. And his defense wasn't very good.

Yes, an argument can be made for Clevenger over Joseph (even though Joseph's defense has been great so far), but it's not like Clevenger represents a game-changing upgrade offensively.

I would hate to think that Showalter would let the offense of his team continue to suffer and keep a guy hitting over .400 stuck at Norfolk just because he didn't like the way he looked at the lineup card. We need some fresh blood to spark this team. In addition to Clevenger there are some hungry players at Norfolk waiting for their chance...... deJesus, Berry, Peguero, Weeks, Casilla, Lombardozzi, Wallace, Paul.....

I would hate to think that Showalter would let the offense of his team continue to suffer and keep a guy hitting over .400 stuck at Norfolk just because he didn't like the way he looked at the lineup card. We need some fresh blood to spark this team. In addition to Clevenger there are some hungry players at Norfolk waiting for their chance...... deJesus, Berry, Peguero, Weeks, Casilla, Lombardozzi, Wallace, Paul.....

You won't catch Britt criticizing Buck though.

Wow, so our backup catcher is cocky and thinks he is the starting catcher when the #1 catcher goes down? Two shocking revelations there.

1)He is probably one of the top 50 catchers in the world. Cocky? Yeah, that sounds about right

2)The only catcher on our roster assumes he is the starter? Wow, real shocker

Wow, so our backup catcher is cocky and thinks he is the starting catcher when the #1 catcher goes down? Two shocking revelations there.

1)He is probably one of the top 50 catchers in the world. Cocky? Yeah, that sounds about right

2)The only catcher on our roster assumes he is the starter? Wow, real shocker

Maybe Hundley got cocky, too. I mean, after all, we traded a left handed Major League pitcher for him and said a lot of nice things about him when we did so.

How many opportunities has Buck and DD given Flaherty at the major league level to fail miserably? Flaherty has NOWHERE close to the track record in the minor leagues that Steve Clevenger has. It is hard to see what more Clevenger has to do with a lifetime .313 average, .806 OPS in 9 minor league seasons and currently hitting over .400 at AAA. I mean if he was hitting .500 would that be enough? They need to send Joseph down and call Clevenger up now.

How many opportunities has Buck and DD given Flaherty at the major league level to fail miserably? Flaherty has NOWHERE close to the track record in the minor leagues that Steve Clevenger has. It is hard to see what more Clevenger has to do with a lifetime .313 average, .806 OPS in 9 minor league seasons and currently hitting over .400 at AAA. I mean if he was hitting .500 would that be enough? They need to send Joseph down and call Clevenger up now.

Well said sir. I am glad I am not alone in this fight. Buck is more selective on his backup catcher than most people are on their wives.

If Flaherty were awful defensively, he would not be on the team. Jake. Fox.

Archived