Say It Aint So But it Looked to me Like Markakis was loafing on both that triple and double!

Old#5fan

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will give you my Merle Haggard-like view of hippies. I knew some also, and I would have loved to have seen them all rounded up, shipped to basic training and then directly over to Viet Nam where they could have taken the place of clean cut, honorable American boys who were getting killed while they laid around have sex, smoking dope and protesting the war. But then again, that is just my opinion and doesnt make me right.....

You know that old saying if you can't say something nice about somebody don't say anything at all?

I'm doing that now.

I will give you my Merle Haggard-like view of hippies. I knew some also, and I would have loved to have seen them all rounded up, shipped to basic training and then directly over to Viet Nam where they could have taken the place of clean cut, honorable American boys who were getting killed while they laid around have sex, smoking dope and protesting the war. But then again, that is just my opinion and doesnt make me right.....

Tell ya' what, Vern......it's time to keep quiet because your opinion sucks! This old hippie served his country, as did more than a few others I know. Jan 1966 - Feb 1969 RA13999539.

Merle was a racist *****. Capitalizing on a feeling for his own gain. I'm a late hippie and never served, but FU if you think you're more American than me!

I can't understand why this thread hasn't been locked. It was started by a troll and has gone far beyond the initial idea, to a stupid discussion of hippies by people who are clueless of the time period, because they weren't alive then, including OldFan, who was about 5 when the Beatles came to America, and hasn't a clue to what he is talking about. We locked a perfectly decent discussion of why the 3B coach sent a runner in a questionable situation, but we keep this crap open? Is somebody somebody's brother in law?

I've had my run ins with Old#5Fan at times, but I have no problem with him expressing the baseball-related opinions he did in this thread and I think the personal attacks on him about that were unwarranted and contrary to board rules. I could do without his opinions about hippies and the '60's, which shouldn't be part of this discussion.

Tell ya' what, Vern......it's time to keep quiet because your opinion sucks! This old hippie served his country, as did more than a few others I know. Jan 1966 - Feb 1969 RA13999539.

Then they and you are not bonified hippies in my view, even if you tried to become one after your service to our country which I thank you for.:clap3:

I've had my run ins with Old#5Fan at times, but I have no problem with him expressing the baseball-related opinions he did in this thread and I think the personal attacks on him about that were unwarranted and contrary to board rules. I could do without his opinions about hippies and the '60's, which shouldn't be part of this discussion.

You are correct, and I will not discuss my view of hippies any further here nor will I defend Merle Hagard even though I would like to as next to Lefty Frizzell and George Jones he is the greatest country singer of all time IMO. :clap3:

Archived