Really tired of Matusz...

Ed-die... Ed-die

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thrown 11 pitches the last 8 days or has pitched three of the last 4 days (including the last two)? Also, 9 days ago he threw 47 pitches so he was due for a couple days off.

He threw 6 pitches. If he needs rest after 6 pitches. How much effort did that take. We have guys like Mcfarland who since Brian pitched the 47 pitches. Started a game threw 68 pitches then on Saturday went 8 pitches and then 23 pitches. Now he is pitching again today. So TJ has had to go three nights in a row and has went 4 times and over 100 pitches to Brians 11.

He threw 6 pitches. If he needs rest after 6 pitches. How much effort did that take. We have guys like Mcfarland who since Brian pitched the 47 pitches. Started a game threw 68 pitches then on Saturday went 8 pitches and then 23 pitches. Now he is pitching again today. So TJ has had to go three nights in a row and has went 4 times and over 100 pitches to Brians 11.

Different roles. McFarland is a long reliever/spot starter and Matusz is a LOOGY who was overused 9 days ago.

I do believe, as I'm sure we all do, that DD is looking to upgrade the bullpen. I think there is a good possibility that Matusz is used as a trade chip for a team that thinks he needs a "change of scenery", ala Jake Arrieta. Matusz is a San Diego kid, right? Perhaps the Padres would be a good match.

I do believe, as I'm sure we all do, that DD is looking to upgrade the bullpen. I think there is a good possibility that Matusz is used as a trade chip for a team that thinks he needs a "change of scenery", ala Jake Arrieta. Matusz is a San Diego kid, right? Perhaps the Padres would be a good match.

We can dream but I've got to assume with his salary that he has close to negative value.

We can dream but I've got to assume with his salary that he has close to negative value.

Perhaps. I've also said as much when discussing Matusz' trade value. But I'm also assuming that this mystery team would be converting Matusz back to a starter, not keeping him in the pen.

Matusz is a LOOGY. Buck has needed guys to go full innings lately.

Our starters don't give us enough innings to have a guy that is basically good for one hitter and have to kill everyone else. Then of course when Buck brings him in a lot the other team just pinch hits and he has to try to get out a righty which he can't do.

Perhaps. I've also said as much when discussing Matusz' trade value. But I'm also assuming that this mystery team would be converting Matusz back to a starter, not keeping him in the pen.

Yes, we can dream that another GM thinks that. That would be beyond fantastic.

Why is that everytime a guy has a bad week or two people say he has to go.

Guy has a good run they should start, play more etc.....

Thank god this team is managed by Buck and not some of us lol. Being reactionary in baseball is one sure way to have a team that sucks

Matusz is still an effective LOOGY type guy....its sucks he never turned into what we wished (or even 10% of it) but for this year on this team he can fill a specific role (LOOGY) decently. Let him do it till they find someone better to

Thank god this team is managed by Buck and not some of us lol. Being reactionary in baseball is one sure way to have a team that sucks

Matusz is still an effective LOOGY type guy....its sucks he never turned into what we wished (or even 10% of it) but for this year on this team he can fill a specific role (LOOGY) decently. Let him do it till they find someone better to

I hear ya, the attitude you're displaying here is the one I, generally, try to adhere to. I don't think I'm the reactionary type. But honestly, I'm with VaTech here. I've lost faith in Matusz, even as a LOOGY. Obviously, as long as he's with the O's, I hope that my faith can be restored.

Again, I think that there could be a match with a team that thinks Matusz could be converted back to a starter and just needs a change of scenery. We'll see.

It has been a lot worse then 1 week. He has been awful since mid May and as you can see Buck won't pitch him so what is the point on keeping him here. TJ looked like his arm was gonna fall off at the end there and yet Brian is just sitting there cause he pitched two days and threw a grand total of 6 pitches. Buck don't trust him and he may end up costing one of our other guys getting hurt.

Because Matusz has freakish splits that are approaching Rapada territory. It's the highest level of competition and there's a finite number of roster spots. LOOGY's exist that can at least have a chance against RHBers. Matusz is absolutely atrocious when facing righties. That's a career thing and not a bad few weeks.

Archived