Orioles messing with Gausman again what's new.

Greg

I've said before and I'll say it again. You can't just "learn" fastball control. Gausman will never be as good as you you think he should be.

Randy Johnson learned fastball command, therefore it can just be learned. Learned by everyone? No. Will Gausman learn it? Your guess is no better than mine.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Randy Johnson is an enigma. He's 6'10" and had the nastiest stuff I've ever seen. He's not a comparison.

You made a definitive statement, now you add an enigma. Shall I find 10 more instances? I'm sure I can. I get tired of doing people's homework for them, though. Continue to make silly statements and believe it to be fact.

Just because you keep repeating yourself, does not make you right.

Of course, you have convinced yourself that. :)

Gausman could be as good as a pitcher can get, or he may be another flop. But none of us know that. Nor do we have the tools to diagnose which way it will go. Of course we can guess and if we are right down the road we can brag and if wrong hope that no one remembers.

I've said before and I'll say it again. You can't just "learn" fastball control. Gausman will never be as good as you you think he should be.

Someone needs to sticky a thread where they collect all of your absolute, definitive statements about the future. It'll be fun to revisit in several years.

Gausman could be as good as a pitcher can get, or he may be another flop. But none of us know that. Nor do we have the tools to diagnose which way it will go. Of course we can guess and if we are right down the road we can brag and if wrong hope that no one remembers.

Not even Verlander has his "A" game on every time he pitches.

I think we a need to be patient with Gausman. He's good enough to be a solid major league pitcher with the command and assortment of pitches that he has right now, but he's not a finished product. It seems likely he will do the rest of finishing school at the major league level, so we have to accept that there will be days when he doesn't look so hot, mixed in with the days when he looks like a future ace.

I think we a need to be patient with Gausman. He's good enough to be a solid major league pitcher with the command and assortment of pitches that he has right now, but he's not a finished product. It seems likely he will do the rest of finishing school at the major league level, so we have to accept that there will be days when he doesn't look so hot, mixed in with the days when he looks like a future ace.

Pretty good thoughts here.

Good thoughts.

But, even polished finished pitchers don't win every game.

Even Palmer, who won 268 games, lost 152.

Archived