Orioles Trade Targets?

Nite

AJ Piersinski (spelling?) was mentioned on telecast as possible target despite being in the same division.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No way in hell would we do that. The word is the Boston pitchers can't stand him and we know how much Buck values defense. I just don't see the fit myself. Buck and AJ would be like oil and water.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No way in hell would we do that. The word is the Boston pitchers can't stand him and we know how much Buck values defense. I just don't see the fit myself. Buck and AJ would be like oil and water.

Thanks for the feedback. They were talking about it on the telecast. I honestly don't know much about him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They need a left handed' date=' high OBP guy and a 2B.[/quote']

We need a RHH to split time with Davis at First too.

We need a RHH to split time with Davis at First too.

They aren't going to do that, and the farm isn't deep enough to allow that. The Orioles only have so many assets, and even fewer they are willing to do something with. In terms of cost-benefit analysis, you have to just let it play out and hope Davis improves.

I still want Nick Franklin.

I'm with you on that one...he just doesn't fit in Seattle. It'd be fun (hopefully) to see a young infield of Machado, Schoop, and Franklin. I can't be sure he'd be an immediate upgrade anywhere but if we gave up something like an EdRod/Delmon Young that'd fit well for both teams.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Update: Someone on Internet proposes trading Papelbon for Tulowitzki.</p>— Dayn Perry (@daynperry) <a href="

">July 5, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Honestly, Steve Clevenger is similar offensively to Kurt Suzuki. We could just bring him up to DH him for the left handed offense.

Both Joseph and Hundley are better defensively.

I agree that there isn't much to improve upon for the team. A better defensive/offensive Left fielder is really the only thing to work on besides maybe a true #1, which I think we all agree won't happen because we won't spend what it takes in terms of prospects to get a guy like Price or Sale.

Name the guy we did not get?

Shin-Soo Choo of course!

Franklin would be an interesting get but I'm not sure who Seattle would take for him. They're in line for at least a Wild Card right now. They could use an outfielder, DH and starting shorstop. And maybe a back-of-rotation starter.

Archived