Orioles Trade Targets?

Nite

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With both of the Cubs options off the board, where do the O's look?

I personally think that they choose to stay put and work with what they have internally. Perhaps they might make a small move for the bullpen, but now I just can't see them making a move for a SP as other teams (NYY, TOR esp.) will gobble up whatever is left on the market now.

What say you all?

I see maybe BP help.

Why? Please tell me.

Obviously I can give the standard advanced metrics argument. But in addition to that, Nuno can't pitch in Yankees stadium. His home vs road splits are insane. McCarthy has a great ground ball rate. The Yankees traded a pitcher that just can't pitch in their stadium, for a guy who, while he has struggled, has the stuff that is tailor made for Yankee stadium.

Obviously I can give the standard advanced metrics argument. But in addition to that' date=' Nuno can't pitch in Yankees stadium. His home vs road splits are insane. McCarthy has a great ground ball rate. The Yankees traded a pitcher that just can't pitch in their stadium, for a guy who, while he has struggled, has the stuff that is tailor made for Yankee stadium.[/quote']

Thank you. Good response. We will see how he does under the bright lights. One never knows. And Sabermetrics don't predict that well. My wife agrees with you. She says they will introduce him to the Yankee way of healing ills and enhancing performance.

Thank you. Good response. We will see how he does under the bright lights. One never knows. And Sabermetrics don't predict that well. My wife agrees with you. She says they will introduce him to the Yankee way of healing ills and enhancing performance.

.....really?

Id prefer the status quo of Yankee suckitude with Nuno in the rotation, and McCarthy does have the ABILITY to pitch better than he has recently with the diamondbacks in a new league, on a new team in a new division.......

BUT......he's a ground ball pitcher. With old man Roberts and old man Jeter manning the middle of the field, a groundball pitcher sounds like it definitely has the chance to backfire big time.

Pretty sure their 3b usually isn't very good defensively either, regardless of who is playing the spot for them. Kelly Johnson? Solarte? Not even sure who is over there for them now.

Id prefer the status quo of Yankee suckitude with Nuno in the rotation, and McCarthy does have the ABILITY to pitch better than he has recently with the diamondbacks in a new league, on a new team in a new division.......

BUT......he's a ground ball pitcher. With old man Roberts and old man Jeter manning the middle of the field, a groundball pitcher sounds like it definitely has the chance to backfire big time.

Pretty sure their 3b usually isn't very good defensively either, regardless of who is playing the spot for them. Kelly Johnson? Solarte? Not even sure who is over there for them now.

Zelous Wheeler. Yes, That Zelous Wheeler.

Archived