Orioles Trade Targets?

Nite

Since we actually have starting pitching depth, I agree that the only thing that makes sense is if we're able to get a legit #1 for two mid-rotation guys plus a prospect. Would Miguel Gonzalez, Chen, and a guy like EdRod be enough to get Sale? Probably not, which is why nothing will get done. But, that's the kind of deal I'd like to make. Just like last year, don't give up any of your top prospects (debate on Hader, but...) and try to improve the club. Where we have depth is at the Major League level. There are several guys on this club that could help other teams. Chen and Gonzalez among them. They are both quality starters.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the Orioles could get Quintana, that would be solid.

25 y/o lefty starter whose ERA is decreasing for a third straight year (3.76, 3.51, 3.20), whose ERA actually falls in line with his FIP, who's enjoying his second consecutive 3.0+ fWAR season.

You're that eager to trade Dylan Bundy?

EDIT: and I forgot the most important part. Quintana is signed to a reasonable, long term contract.

Since we actually have starting pitching depth, I agree that the only thing that makes sense is if we're able to get a legit #1 for two mid-rotation guys plus a prospect. Would Miguel Gonzalez, Chen, and a guy like EdRod be enough to get Sale? Probably not, which is why nothing will get done. But, that's the kind of deal I'd like to make. Just like last year, don't give up any of your top prospects (debate on Hader, but...) and try to improve the club. Where we have depth is at the Major League level. There are several guys on this club that could help other teams. Chen and Gonzalez among them. They are both quality starters.

Sale would cost at least two of Gausman, Bundy, Harvey.

Anybody have any interest in Brandon McCarthy if something happens to one of the starters?

I would except it seems like everyone in baseball subscribes to his advanced metrics. If it was just a bunch of Harold Reynoldses, he's be a great buy low, high reward guy. But at this point we'd almost end up overpaying for a guy with a +5 era because other teams are looking at the same thing you are.

25 y/o lefty starter whose ERA is decreasing for a third straight year (3.76, 3.51, 3.20), whose ERA actually falls in line with his FIP, who's enjoying his second consecutive 3.0+ fWAR season.

You're that eager to trade Dylan Bundy?

EDIT: and I forgot the most important part. Quintana is signed to a reasonable, long term contract.

I'd certainly trade Bundy for Quintana. But the White Sox would be stupid to trade him for one prospect with iffy medicals. Sale, Quintana and Abreu should be their core for years to come.

[EDIT] dammit I got beat to the punch!

I'd certainly trade Bundy for Quintana. But the White Sox would be stupid to trade him for one prospect with iffy medicals. Sale, Quintana and Abreu should be their core for years to come.

I'm assuming it'd take more than Bundy. Bundy and Harvey, probably, plus 1-2 lesser prospects. I'm also assuming that it'd be Bundy or Gausman, but that the O's wouldn't discuss Gausman because they don't tend to sell high on players at/close to "big league" status, and Gausman wasn't recently pieced back together by medical professionals.

5 yrs/$26.5M (14-18) & 19-20 team option

Warren Fitzgerald (973)

Fritz Clausen (972)

Patrick Corbin (970)

Bunny Hearn (970)

Walt Kinney (968)

Dan Marion (967)

Gus Shallix (967)

Miguel Gonzalez (967)

Rick Ankiel (967)

Stan Yerkes (965)

Sale would cost at least two of Gausman' date=' Bundy, Harvey.[/quote']

5 yrs/$32.5M (13-17) & 18-19 team option

Kris Medlen (955)

Tom Hilgendorf (947)

Justin Duchscherer (945)

Leo Kiely (934)

Fritz Coumbe (932)

Jim Roland (931)

Mel Queen (930)

Steve Hamilton (929)

Alexi Ogando (929)

Stan Baumgartner (927)

I would not be shocked if David Price becomes a Yankee this summer. I don't see any major moves by the O's. The O's are waiting for Jimenez and Chris Davis to get on rolls. Those two things would be bigger than any trade they could make.

I can certainly agree with this. Can you imagine if Tillman, Jimenez and Davis return to their 2nd half form from last year.....good Lord batten down the hatches!

I would not be shocked if David Price becomes a Yankee this summer. I don't see any major moves by the O's. The O's are waiting for Jimenez and Chris Davis to get on rolls. Those two things would be bigger than any trade they could make.

I think we could at least use some minor tweeking of the bench and bullpen. I don't see any major moves either.

Archived