Orioles Trade Targets?

Nite

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Put me in the camp that would love Lester, but would feel really bad for gonzo. I love that guy. He's been a part of the turnaround. It would be sad if he couldn't reap the benefits. Plus, if we won the World Series, we'd have to try to make sure Lester doesn't pitch the clinching game. Yuck.

I love Gonzo but being objective about it where does he fit in long term.

He has been hot lately, he is a good pitcher but with the arms we have and the ones on the way he is likely to be relegated to bullpen duty at some point. KG, Norris, Chen, Tillman, Ubaldo (like it or not), that's five right there. Add in Bundy and MiGo is likely on the outside looking in.

Once he is relegated to the bullpen his value as a reliever is not nearly what it is now IMO. DD is simply capitalizing on a guy who is good but likely has more value to other teams than long term for the O's

Would Lester ever just come to our team and try to get us back from the Curse of Andino??

Conspiracy theories! !

I really don't think anyone would be that petty especially given that Lester won a WS last year.Also sounds silly since he's a FA this fall and this is his chance for a huge contract. Screwing the pooch with us wouldn't

help him there.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Some other poss LHP Os have had at least some interest in: Tony Sipp, Andrew Miller and Oliver Perez. Heard An. Bastardo not an option</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="
">July 30, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

- Tony Sipp I'm unsure about regarding his consistency but he's having a GREAT 2014.

- Would hate to give the Sawx anything more but maybe he comes with Lester. Silly good since joining the Boston pen (13.2 K/9!)

- Oliver Perez is my least favorite of the four but again, can't knock his success in 2014. Can he survive in Camden Yards?

Agreed. Over two years in the Texas system after coming back from Tommy John surgery he's got 10.0 K/9, a 2.18 ERA and a 1.146 WHIP. I think he's one of the best LH options on the trade block.

NS_29RangersReds23_31925430_566489.JPG

He would be a very very significant LH upgrade.

Even if they cant pull off Lester I would be fine with Cotts and Bonafacio to just bolster the roster some.

Not gonna be happy if we give up Gausman or Bundy in the deal

Never mind that; who gets bumped in the rotation? Since he's a lefty, is it Chen?

I wonder if there's a chance to sign him long term. Wish we had Ubaldo's money freed up now.

He would be a very very significant LH upgrade.

Even if they cant pull off Lester I would be fine with Cotts and Bonafacio to just bolster the roster some.

Truthfully I'm more comfortable with that than dealing with the Red Sox. This'll be an interesting couple of nights.

Archived