Wada is starting tomorrow for the Cubs.....

Norfolk orioles

Could he be the third ex-oriole starter to dominate on the north side?

Arrieta and hammel have both been great for them this year and wada was 9-5 with a 2.66 era and 105:26 J

K-BB ratio for AAA Iowa.

Did we give up on him too early? I'll be very interested to see how he does in Cincy tomorrow.

So the last place Cubs promote Wada after trading away 40% of their starting rotation and folks are second guessing the O'S not resigning him after two years of no ROI? The O'S are using a six man staff as it is.

But the organization is dysfunctional. Because...

Little surprised by how good those AAA numbers are though, no?

Norfolk: 102.2 IP, 112 H, 50 R, 46 ER, 35 BB, 80 K's, 4.03 ERA, 1.432 WHIP, 3.1 BB/9, 7.0 K/9

Iowa: 101.2 IP, 92 H, 31 R, 30 ER, 26 BB, 105 K's, 2.66 ERA, 1.161 WHIP, 2.3 BB/9, 9.3 K/9

Pretty much better at Iowa in every respect. If I recall correctly, Wada got better as 2013 went along, so I'm not shocked by his numbers. It looks like we'd have been better off giving Wada another shot vs. signing Yoon.

Norfolk: 102.2 IP, 112 H, 50 R, 46 ER, 35 BB, 80 K's, 4.03 ERA, 1.432 WHIP, 3.1 BB/9, 7.0 K/9

Iowa: 101.2 IP, 92 H, 31 R, 30 ER, 26 BB, 105 K's, 2.66 ERA, 1.161 WHIP, 2.3 BB/9, 9.3 K/9

Pretty much better at Iowa in every respect. If I recall correctly, Wada got better as 2013 went along, so I'm not shocked by his numbers. It looks like we'd have been better off giving Wada another shot vs. signing Yoon.

I am sure the fans and management of the Tides agrees. Other then that I don't see where Wada would fit in here. I am also still skeptical that his "stuff" will play at the MLB level.

I am sure the fans and management of the Tides agrees. Other then that I don't see where Wada would fit in here. I am also still skeptical that his "stuff" will play at the MLB level.

We have been fortunate so far this season, only using 7 starting pitchers, and with none of our Opening Day starting five having endured any serious injuries. In that scenario, and with Gausman pushing to join the rotation, Wada looks like surplusage. But the scenario easily could have been (and still could become) different. I wish we had an insurance policy like Wada in AAA right now.

As to whether his stuff will play at the major league level, I have no idea, but I guess we are about to find out.

I quess for some reason we thought Yoon was better.

We have been fortunate so far this season, only using 7 starting pitchers, and with none of our Opening Day starting five having endured any serious injuries. In that scenario, and with Gausman pushing to join the rotation, Wada looks like surplusage. But the scenario easily could have been (and still could become) different. I wish we had an insurance policy like Wada in AAA right now.

As to whether his stuff will play at the major league level, I have no idea, but I guess we are about to find out.

I'm not sure this is the case.

I'm not sure this is the case.

If you mean that starting for the Cubs isn't a test of whether Wada's stuff will play at the major league level, then I disagree. I don't agree at all with people who think that the difference between the NL Central and the AL East is enormous -- especially this year. Whatever Jake Arrieta and Jason Hammel found this year, it would play just fine in our division, just like Scott Feldman did just fine pitching for us. Yes, there has been some difference, maybe .50-.75 runs/game on the ERA. But it's not like the NL Central is some halfway house between AAA and the majors.

If, for example, Norris was hurt a little worse, and someone like Chen or Ubaldo went down they'd be giving the ball every 5th day to TJ McFarland. And praying hard nothing else happens. The Tides, in a pretty extreme pitcher's park, have only Gausman (in majors) and Gamboa (suspended) with more than 5 starts and an ERA under 4.75. The next guy up might be... Chris Jones?

I wasn't trying to bash the front office for not resigning wada by the way.........I was just saying it would be very nice to still have him in Norfolk should we need him later in the year or possibly, to replace Matusz as a lefty reliever.

Just saying.

I agree. Good call.

Archived