It's time to start thinking about matching up with OAK/DET in a 5/7 gm series

VeveJones007

With AL East players dropping like flies and the O's playing their best ball, it's now more likely than not that the O's will win the division. It's time for Dan and Buck to start looking ahead at how they can improve the roster to tackle the A's and Tigers in a small sample size.

I'm not sure there's anything the O's can do to improve the team enough to be better than the A's on paper. That team has the most runs in MLB and the 2nd lowest ERA. However, despite having a stronger rotation, the Tigers full team ERA is actually higher than the O's.

What moves would you like to see the organization make to ready itself for this postseason? Should they go all in? Should they sit back and roll with what they already have and see how their luck is in the "crap shoot" as Billy Beane call it?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm more concerned if MG and Ublado can actually pitch well against a aging Yankees team. Still plenty of games to be played for me to start thinking 2014 AL east champs.

Not sure if the O's make any major moves but I'm sure DD will always look at various ways to help the team without jeopardizing too much of the future.

Let's trade for Tony Sipp and call it a night. I think we should take our chances in the crap shoot.. which it basically is. If an Ortiz gets crazy hot for a team in October, that can be enough to win it. So I say we stay the course, and hope a few bats gets hot. The pitching we'd have to trade to do anything major, I don't think is worth it. They going to play for us soon enough to the point that I don't want to trade them (i.e. Gausman, Bundy, Harvey).

If we are going all the way in this season, then we must trade away some top prospects and get a #1 SP and a good 2nd baseman. If we are going to roll the dice this season and look toward the future, you find a mid level pitcher and try to make a deal that won't jeopardize the future. But, as I see it, the window is NOW. But I have been wrong before and I could be way off now.

With AL East players dropping like flies and the O's playing their best ball, it's now more likely than not that the O's will win the division. It's time for Dan and Buck to start looking ahead at how they can improve the roster to tackle the A's and Tigers in a small sample size.

I'm not sure there's anything the O's can do to improve the team enough to be better than the A's on paper. That team has the most runs in MLB and the 2nd lowest ERA. However, despite having a stronger rotation, the Tigers full team ERA is actually higher than the O's.

What moves would you like to see the organization make to ready itself for this postseason? Should they go all in? Should they sit back and roll with what they already have and see how their luck is in the "crap shoot" as Billy Beane call it?

You realize it's July 10th? We're just over half way done. We should concentrate on making it to a 5-7 game series before worrying about matching up starting pitchers. :rolleyestf:

If we are going all the way in this season, then we must trade away some top prospects and get a #1 SP and a good 2nd baseman. If we are going to roll the dice this season and look toward the future, you find a mid level pitcher and try to make a deal that won't jeopardize the future. But, as I see it, the window is NOW. But I have been wrong before and I could be way off now.

We definitely have a shot this year, but I think next year will be an even better shot.

Also, we have an extremely tough July.. let's get through that before we start printing the playoff tickets. A lot can happen.

You realize it's July 10th? We're just over half way done. We should concentrate on making it to a 5-7 game series before worrying about matching up starting pitchers. :rolleyestf:

Are you kidding? We have a 3 game lead in the East almost entering the break. We've basically already won.

Archived