Duquette owes it to the team and City to go for it...

mskrulz

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Braves?src=hash">#Braves</a>, <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a>, <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Mariners?src=hash">#Mariners</a>, <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cubs?src=hash">#Cubs</a>, <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Nationals?src=hash">#Nationals</a> also have top evaluators present for Price-Lester.</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="

">July 26, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sale is 25, a stud, with a fair contract. I would absolutely make a trade centered around Harvey or Bundy for him. I love having pitching prospects but at some point we have to be willing to use them as assets. I doubt that's happening anytime soon though. What is the argument for not trading Harvey or Bundy in a deal that nets Sale? He is currently as good as the ceiling of either of those two and is only 25.

I am no expert but guess it would be more than just one of those guys. Agree with your point but Sale probably wouldn't be worth what it would take: multiple great pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am no expert but guess it would be more than just one of those guys. Agree with your point but Sale probably wouldn't be worth what it would take: multiple great pieces.

I would imagine he would cost much more than just one of them as well. I meant a trade centered around one of those two with other prospects included. Personally, I would be willing to trade them both for Sale. I think Harvey's value may be peaking as a trade commodity. I'm willing to take the risk that what Sale is now is better than what Harvey will be as a finished product. Unfortunately I think Bundy's is still in a valley until he shows a tick back up on the velocity and the ability to strike guys out in the minors again.

Sale is 25, a stud, with a fair contract. I would absolutely make a trade centered around Harvey or Bundy for him. I love having pitching prospects but at some point we have to be willing to use them as assets. I doubt that's happening anytime soon though. What is the argument for not trading Harvey or Bundy in a deal that nets Sale? He is currently as good as the ceiling of either of those two and is only 25.

Sale is not for Sale. And the White Sox are in the Wild Card Chase.

Ok, between, Gausman, Bundy, Harvey, Berry, and Chance Sisco? You probably still cant get Sale.

Is not one of the reasons you're saying they should be traded is that they are unproven and many prospects don't pan out? Whether it is for a World Series or not, that argument is an argument I always find ironic. Every pitcher you mentioned acquiring was at one time a prospect.

People have already beaten to death the value of prospects, especially high-ceiling prospects, so I don't need to.

Chris Tillman and Adam Jones were at one time prospects and Erik Berdard was the major league pitcher that was going to help the Mariners get to the WS. Does that mean you never trade prospects? Only as much as it means that you should be willing to trade because they may not pan out...

Okay so it's a relevant argument in general but not for this topic. I'm not denying that these guys won't be good. I'm saying they are not gonna help us win a WS THIS YEAR!

Okay so it's a relevant argument in general but not for this topic. I'm not denying that these guys won't be good. I'm saying they are not gonna help us win a WS THIS YEAR!

Gausman will. And a World Series is something you get to play for. If you are in the playoffs. The more times, the more chances.

Do you realize just how close our team was to a World Series in 2012? It wasn't because of Starters that we did not get there it was bench bats and pen mostly.

Gausman will. And a World Series is something you get to play for. If you are in the playoffs. The more times, the more chances.

Agree!

I didn't mention Gausman he is the only untouchable of the bunch. I said I would trade Harvey or Bundy as a centerpiece not Gausman.

Archived