Final Day Trade Rumor Countdown thread. (Deadline 4 PM)

weams

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You sure? I don't see that...

Well, baseball reference says he's eligible for free agency in 2015. So if I'm wrong (and it looks like Britt Ghiroli says I am), then I blame Baseball Reference.

Also, I'm still good with it.

I'm much more confident that one of those guys do than I am about EdRod, let's not pretend like the only way to acquire Starting Pitching is to grow them. (Sorry, Andy)

If we're trying to win now, why are we so worried about giving up ONE GUY that MIGHT help us in 2-3 years?

Miller helps us tremendously now, when we have the best chance to win in over 15 years. No brainer for me.

We aren't trying to win now. We are a Tier II team that hasn't made a single trade or signing that moves the needle beyond being a Tier II team.

We aren't trying to win now. We are a Tier II team that hasn't made a single trade or signing that moves the needle beyond being a Tier II team.

Ask Oakland or the Angels if we're a Tier II team.

I like moving ERod for value, because I think last year's performance that elevated his prospect status was more of a fluke. Just a gut feeling.

The only move I'd like to see us make now is for Mat Latos. Just about to enter his prime, under control next year as well, great K rate historically. He's used to pitching in a band box, so the switch to the AL East/Camden Yards shouldn't be too jarring.

If we were going to move a top prospect like Bundy or Harvey, this is the guy I'd do it for.

I don't think ERod pans out so I don't think the O's are giving up more then a starter at Norfolk who might get a handful of spot starts/bullpen rotations in the majors.

That is pretty replaceable on the FA market at an affordable rate.

I was a fan of trading for EdRod. But not trading him for a guy that really doesn't move the needle.

The realistic goal is to make the playoffs as often as possible. Once you get into the playoffs, gains are so marginal that they are either prohibitively expensiveness or essentially impactless.

Per Cots: 5.062 years MLB service at start of this year, so he will be over 6 at the end of the year and a FA. Am I missing something?

Nah, you aren't. I was. I'm still happy with the trade, for the record. And I would absolutely try to re-sign him after the season.

If we're not trying to win now, does that mean we're trying to lose now? I don't understand that. Yeah, we did not go out there and dump our top 3 prospects for a Lester or Price but we still got a quality arm to help our good bullpen. We are in first.

Toronto did not make any moves either.

I like moving ERod for value, because I think last year's performance that elevated his prospect status was more of a fluke. Just a gut feeling.

The only move I'd like to see us make now is for Mat Latos. Just about to enter his prime, under control next year as well, great K rate historically. He's used to pitching in a band box, so the switch to the AL East/Camden Yards shouldn't be too jarring.

If we were going to move a top prospect like Bundy or Harvey, this is the guy I'd do it for.

I have learned to be wary of young guys with high pitch-ability but unimpressive stuff.

Guest rochester

If we can extend a bit this is a good trade. If not, meh. Guess it all depends on which camp re: EdRod, you are in....

Said this in the other thread, but Cot's has Miller as having 5.062 years of service time, which means he will exceed 6 with this year and be a free agent in the offseason.

Also listed on MLBTR 2015 free agent list:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/02/2015-mlb-free-agents.html

He's a rental. EdRod is a steep price, but Miller is also VERY good.

What is a tier II team? We have the third best record in the AL behind Oak and Ana, who we have now beaten 4 of 5. If that's tier II, I'm okay with that.

Archived