More Biogenesis-Related Suspensions Likely To Occur

Greg

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If over 50% were using steriods before the crackdown,I wonder what it is now? I think some of the former Oriole players might be on the list. Two or three. Perhaps one or two are still on the Orioles. I am not sure all the names will get released. You need eevidence.

Anyone know where Cowherd is getting the number 85 from? If true I imagine there are a number of players, out of that 85, who are no longer in baseball, currently in the minor leagues, and I bet some of those names are repeats from the first time around.

If over 50% were using steriods before the crackdown,I wonder what it is now? I think some of the former Oriole players might be on the list. Two or three. Perhaps one or two are still on the Orioles. I am not sure all the names will get released. You need eevidence.

If I am understanding this correctly, this was not a MLB investigation. It really isn't up to MLB what names get leaked and/or released, is it? If and when there are criminal trials, it seems to me that the names will come out. No?

can't believe there's been no mention of PUJOLS....he's first on my list.

My 5 locks would be:

1. Jose bautista

2. Edwin encarnacion

3. Brett lawrie

4. David ortiz

5. Albert pujols

Strong possibities would include trout, cespedes, puig, josh hamilton, jose abreu

My 5 locks would be:

1. Jose bautista

2. Edwin encarnacion

3. Brett lawrie

4. David ortiz

5. Albert pujols

Strong possibities would include trout, cespedes, puig, josh hamilton, jose abreu

Brett Lawrie..he he...that would make me smile.

How about Carlos Gonzalez, Brewers??? JERK!!!!

The thing I always find funny about the whole steroids/PED issue is that people always equate size, power and being ripped as the main indicators of usage; and the more wiry guys seem to get the benefit of the doubt.

Anyone remember Raffy? Not exactly a Herculean physique. PEDs and steroids definitely have their place in building mass and getting quite striated in the muscle department, but a lot of guys who use PEDs do so for the recovery factor.

With such a long marathon of a season, healing up more quickly and preventing injury are just as important as strength; maybe more so. That is where the true "value" of illegal substances comes in to play.

I guess it surprises me to see that because when I think of muscled guys, I think of guys who are usually not as fast as he is. I was wrong about Lough's build. Have to admit that I haven't seen a lot of him too.

Brady Anderson was pretty fast. And a lot of Olympic sprinters get caught using steroids. Speed is increased with Steroids.

My 5 locks would be:

1. Jose bautista

2. Edwin encarnacion

3. Brett lawrie

4. David ortiz

5. Albert pujols

Obviously, you can never say no chance with some of these guys, but I'd be surprised if all of these Cubans who have come over recently have issues. I mean, Abreau hasn't even been in the states that long. Trout would have had to be taking stuff since HS - which ARod did, but I expect is pretty rare. We'll see - just not fond of the speculation and accusations.

Obviously, you can never say no chance with some of these guys, but I'd be surprised if all of these Cubans who have come over recently have issues. I mean, Abreau hasn't even been in the states that long. Trout would have had to be taking stuff since HS - which ARod did, but I expect is pretty rare. We'll see - just not fond of the speculation and accusations.

What's really entertaining (sad?), is that when folks put these lists together they're ultimately just naming the players they don't like/want to see fail.

"Likeable" guys can cheat, too.

Brady Anderson was pretty fast. And a lot of Olympic sprinters get caught using steroids. Speed is increased with Steroids.

Yeah I am just wrongly associating steroids with powerful guys. You do have to admit though that Lough wouldn't be one's first guess looking at our roster.

Archived