More Biogenesis-Related Suspensions Likely To Occur

Greg

Many, many other reports suggest otherwise.

ESPN

From TJ Quinn tweet

Well if there was insufficient evidence for MLB to move forward then there will still insufficient evidence. They can be named all they want but it doesn't mean baseball will punish them.

I highly doubt any players will be suspended this year. It is already the end of August. MLB can't say we see your name in a report we are going to suspend you.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well if there was insufficient evidence for MLB to move forward then there will still insufficient evidence. They can be named all they want but it doesn't mean baseball will punish them.

I highly doubt any players will be suspended this year. It is already the end of August. MLB can't say we see your name in a report we are going to suspend you.

These are my thoughts as well.

No homo, but Lough is fairly ripped under that jersey. I could easily see him being on peds. You dont have to be 250 at 7% bf to be on peds. Did tubny melky cabrera look like he was on roids?

True enough and I concede that I was shocked about Palmeiro in 2005.

Serious question. Where do athletes from other sports such as football, basketball, hockey, etc, get their PEDs from and why do they never get caught en masse?

:scratchchinhmm:

The fan outrage over steroids in baseball compared to other sports is akin to the heat of the sun compared to a candle on a birthday cake for some reason. If the fans don't care, the league doesn't care.

You get the occasional PED suspension in football, the guy serves his short suspension, and no one mentions it again.

The fan outrage over steroids in baseball compared to other sports is akin to the heat of the sun compared to a candle on a birthday cake for some reason. If the fans don't care, the league doesn't care.

You get the occasional PED suspension in football, the guy serves his short suspension, and no one mentions it again.

Its all because of numbers/stats. Baseball is a sport driven by numbers and records and stuff like that. The thought of a PED induced player breaking a cherished record is what sets people off.

This must be it. Because MLB, as far as I know and I could be wrong, first got onto the scent of Bosch when Manny Ramirez got busted in 2009(?). Does the NFL, for example, not follow up when their players get busted and try and find the source of the PEDs?

And the NBA, they are still very much "head in the sand" when it comes to PEDs.

Its all because of numbers/stats. Baseball is a sport driven by numbers and records and stuff like that. The thought of a PED induced player breaking a cherished record is what sets people off.

BUT, when you think about it, shouldn't fans care more about PED use in a violent contact sport like football? I've said this before, it's a cute little turn of phrase :), baseball players use PEDs and records get broken, football players use PEDs and people get broken. Which is more important?

Archived