Much Deserved Separation in the Standings

JR Oriole

The thing is, you can just dismiss it with the"its just baseball" jive line, and of course you can't win every night. Maybe what really bugs me tonight is that it was a BIG game on the road and we had our "best pitcher"in terms of on a roll, and we were facing a guy who has been banged around for weeks by EVERYONE. Im sorry, this is a game you need to win to keep the pressure on Toronto. WE WERE LOUSY TONIGHT. Hutchinson isn't that great. Now we really need to win tomorrow and Happ is tough and Miguel is hard to figure.We will see. I hated like hell to lose tonight.

No doubt it was a frustrating game, but you can't win every game. Hutchison is better than his overall numbers - at least he has been against us - and Toronto is a major league baseball team. We can still win this series. Big game tonight and big series vs Yankees coming up. They are not going to just hand us the division, we still have to go out and win games.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just curious, what will you consider an acceptable loss the rest of the season? The O's are going to lose at least 20 more times this year. Every loss is tough. Some times you just have to give credit to the other guy and move on. Hutchison has pitched some good games this year. Maybe not lately but he is capable and Chen was due for a clunker. it happens. The 69 O's lost 3 times to the expansion Seattle Pilots.

Absolutely. Blue Jays had lost 4 in a row. They can't lose all the time, at home, etc. We want to win tonight for sure, but a loss would not be anything close to devastating. The games clock is ticking for the two teams behind us. The most encouraging thing was the swing Chris Davis put on that HR last night. First 2013 swing I have seen him have maybe all year. If he figures it out, this will become a cakewalk.

It was one game people. The likelihood that that game means the difference between the O's winning the division or the wild card, or making the playoffs at all for that matter is next to nothing. They faced a guy who is 23 years old, still learning how to pitch in the big leagues, and who has a growing track record of success against them. The incessant whining and hand wringing over one loss is downright hilarious and sad. If they lose tonight and the series, I could understand it, but even then it doesn't mean much with over a month and a half of baseball left. People have got to learn perspective, because, and I don't want to hear it's just fans being fans, some of the posts in this thread and others are downright embarrassing.

I think Roy is just trying to semi-reverse jinx us for tonight's game. Remember, the O's are practically undefeated whenever Roy writes a negative post. Plus his posts are a corrective for the rest of us getting carried away yesterday on this thread about the O's position in the division.

I don't think last night's loss was a big deal at all. We lose a lot of games to pitchers that we have no business losing to....whether they are brand new to the majors, have a crappy ERA against the rest of baseball, or should have been washed up decades ago. But we also win games against pitchers that routinely dominate everyone else. That is just how we roll.

The Jays had lost 4 in a row....they were going to win at some point. And the Orioles are not a team that sweeps....for whatever reason, we just aren't.

I think we really need to worry about the Yankees and nobody else. They don't seem to play any tough opponents on the road anymore and they actually play better at Camden Yards than they do in any other ballpark in the country...including their own.

I think Roy is just trying to semi-reverse jinx us for tonight's game. Remember, the O's are practically undefeated whenever Roy writes a negative post. Plus his posts are a corrective for the rest of us getting carried away yesterday on this thread about the O's position in the division.

In fairness, it is time to admit that Roy, is a tad bit negative.... :)

And that the Orioles are rubbing his nose in it for not believing.

The reverse jinx if funny and cool when we suck. But when we are one of the best teams in baseball...well it's time to act like it.

Respectfully of course. :beerchug1:

Like I said earlier, they were either going to come home up by 1, 3, 5, or 7 games. While we all would have loved coming up by 7 over Toronto, I'll take 5 games.

Cito still sucks, and so do the Blue Jays!

I'm happy with it. Hopefully the Tigers can do against the Jays this weekend what they should have been doing this week against the Yankees this week. I am not too worried about the Cards. Just keep on taking it day

to day.

Archived