Yankees release Brian Roberts

LarryHarlow

These ppl you are mentioning are top prospects, my point is that we have no top prospects to call up

True enough but I am still not sold on bringing Brian back sorry. It's nothing personal

against the guy but I really think he's done as a contributor to a big league team. He has had his chances here.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The plays i posted dismiss him not being able to play the position. Schoop made his 10th error of the season last night

No they don't, as they don't show that he would be able to play the extreme shifts for the Orioles. He never had the arm to do that. Brian Roberts has made 10 errors at 2B this season. Only six of Schoop's errors were at 2B, the other four were made at 3B.

Where is the home cooking? Am I right?

The OS has to look out for folks.

Hah when I score my brother's games, I always get second guessed too. Honestly, I was with Buck on that one. I thought it shouldn't have been an errior. Per Gary tho,

that was the first home win since 1960 where we had three errors against the Yanks

and still won.

I said any big league experience, not playoff experience

I know, I just wanted to point out that Roberts did not have any playoff experience, and you

mentioned the playoffs in your post.

If they bring anyone up to replace Machado in the short term it will most likely be

Lombardozzi or Weeks.

They both have big league experience, and I prefer them over Roberts right now.

No they don't, as they don't show that he would be able to play the extreme shifts for the Orioles. He never had the arm to do that. Brian Roberts has made 10 errors at 2B this season. Only six of Schoop's errors were at 2B, the other four were made at 3B.

Did u even watch the videos? The one is him playing short right field in the extreme shift, ranging to his left and throwing out Davis at 1B

I know, I just wanted to point out that Roberts did not have any playoff experience, and you

mentioned the playoffs in your post.

If they bring anyone up to replace Machado in the short term it will most likely be

Lombardozzi or Weeks.

They both have big league experience, and I prefer them over Roberts right now.

I cant quite get why Lombo hasn't been brought up before now. I thought he should have been brought up a long time ago to help at 2B

Did u even watch the videos? The one is him playing short right field in the extreme shift, ranging to his left and throwing out Davis at 1B

I watched all the videos. None of them show him on the other side of 2B, where he would spend a good bit of time as 2B for the O's.

You still haven't answered this question: why did the Yankees release Brian Roberts and trade for a guy to replace him who is a worse hitter and is costing them an additional $5 million this year (and will then be a FA)? Doesn't that tell you something about his defense ?

Archived