Yankees release Brian Roberts

LarryHarlow

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All I will say on this is that a lot of fans that don't know the whole story feel the same way. He was a fan favorite and I can accept that some fans would like to see him back. You can not believe me or my sources, but none of these people had any reason to lie. I know it's tough for fans to accept that how a player comes across in the media and with the fans at events might not always jive with how they really are. Some players work harder on the illusion than others.

The fans LOVED Tejada too.

I would like to hear concrete allegations before I accept as gospel that he was a bad egg. That said, it would be hard for any player to come back to where he once was a big fish in a small pond as a role player who may see a dozen at-bats over the month of September.

I would like to hear concrete allegations before I accept as gospel that he was a bad egg. That said, it would be hard for any player to come back to where he once was a big fish in a small pond as a role player who may see a dozen at-bats over the month of September.

Tejada did it. Murray did it.

Kind of lame to rag on Roberts so much- especially comparing him to what he did with the Yankees this year. The dude is an Oriole. Baltimore is home. I'm sure he'd feel comfortable in the clubhouse and be welcomed back in a heartbeat. Let's not forget, WHEN he was healthy, he was still productive last year. I think it'd be a great thing to do. And hell, we deserve the free service time with the Yankees fotting the bill (not that he'd do that)- after the 4 years of crazy money we paid him to rehab.

So tired of hearing "thats hip has sailed" tho. Yeah. It has. Doesn't mean you have to overuse that cliche to death when we are still playing guys like Flaherty. And ships can change direction, they don't always sink.

All I will say on this is that a lot of fans that don't know the whole story feel the same way. He was a fan favorite and I can accept that some fans would like to see him back. You can not believe me or my sources, but none of these people had any reason to lie. I know it's tough for fans to accept that how a player comes across in the media and with the fans at events might not always jive with how they really are. Some players work harder on the illusion than others.

As I said, I do believe you heard what you said you heard. In any event, my only interest in bringing back Roberts has to do with trying to improve our offensive production at 2B. The fact that BRob is a fan favorite and former Oriole has nothing to do with it. I'd just like to see some better at bats and a higher OBP at the bottom of our lineup.

Roberts' weak arm mitigates against using him in the shifts the O's deploy. They would have to change the way they defend to put him on the field. How much would that impact our surprisingly good ERA?

These days, to play 2B for the O's, you have to have an arm like a SS.

Roberts' weak arm mitigates against using him in the shifts the O's deploy. They would have to change the way they defend to put him on the field. How much would that impact our surprisingly good ERA?

Yeah he's just not a good fit. Maybe as a PH/DH type only but I doubt he's interested. I wouldn't complain if he was brought back really for a last hurrah but I really don't want him in the field. It really is nothing

personal against him and he's one of those guys that did stay with the team throughout some tough years so I will always appreciate that about him.

Not really. The Orioles used to put Manny in short right-field on the shifts. If Roberts came back I imagine they would do the same thing and put whoever was playing third (assuming it isn't Davis) in short right-field and Roberts would play his normal second base position.

Not really. The Orioles used to put Manny in short right-field on the shifts. If Roberts came back I imagine they would do the same thing and put whoever was playing third (assuming it isn't Davis) in short right-field and Roberts would play his normal second base position.

They put Davis in short right field last night if I'm not mistaken. To be fair, though, that could simply have been for the sake of not changing too much around in one night; long-term they would switch how they do it potentially.

They put Davis in short right field last night if I'm not mistaken. To be fair, though, that could simply have been for the sake of not changing too much around in one night; long-term they would switch how they do it potentially.

Actually I guess Davis does have the arm for short right, he doesn't have much range but I guess it makes more sense to play him there as opposed to up the middle.

Archived