Any concern over the pen?

LAOSfan

You know, I have learned to be prepared for everything doing my job. There's not anything that either myself or my clients have not experienced to one degree or another while riding in my vehicle.

Even if they are having their worst day I don't contribute to that. And often they feel at least a bit better after having exited the car.

Wild Bill? I thought....I thought.....wow, this really IS a dream come true!

Let's Go Orioles!!!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not worried in the least.

Some bad luck and uncharacteristically bad defense contributed to O'Days bad inning. Brach had a bad inning and frankly thought he could have gotten out of that jam had he got a call or two that inning.

They have the luxury of waiting to be sure Miller is completely healthy before using him again, all signs point to it being minor tweak so not to worried there.

It happens, these guys have been lights out for the most part, they are not being over used IMO and I expect they will be fine moving forward.

"Darren's one of the guys we're talking about," Showalter said. "We wanted to make sure we've got him with all his bullets before we bring him back into a game. Actually, his workload is down from last year.

"There certainly are some things that we don't talk about all the time with what guys are going through. There's a lot of things during the season that kind of came and went without anybody knowing about it. It's not because we're trying to hide it from you guys, we are trying to hide it from those people because it does change the dynamics of your batting order when you're making it out. I know it does with me. We spend a lot of time trying to look at who might be available and who's not if you look at their previous series or that game.

"Darren should be back out there shortly."

masnROCH

So, Darren is dealing with a nagging injury. Miller is "slightly" hurt. Hunter hasn't been good lately. Ubaldo is useless in the pen. Meek is terrible. Britton has had a little rough stretch although no ER. Webb is rusty. The bullpen has allowed 11 runs in the last 4 games. 1 of the games they didn't pitch.

Suddenly not a concern, anyone?

So, Darren is dealing with a nagging injury. Miller is "slightly" hurt. Hunter hasn't been good lately. Ubaldo is useless in the pen. Meek is terrible. Britton has had a little rough stretch although no ER. Webb is rusty. The bullpen has allowed 11 runs in the last 4 games. 1 of the games they didn't pitch.

Good thing we got a 9.5 game lead to rest them.

TJ, yes. Saunders, oh yeah. Webb, not so much.

Meek? That's a big h-e-double hockey sticks no.

I feel like Meek just gives up runs every time out. I'd be happy if so never saw him throw a pitch in an O's uni again.

How did Saunders look, I saw on Gameday, he hit his 1st batter (jitters I guess) then induced a GIDP.

Can't wait to here what the O'day injury is

He looked terrible his last outing

Missing the target by two feet and even less velocity than normal.

Some king of arm/elbow/shoulder ailment for sure.

This year it seems the O's have become as secretive about their injuries as the Ravens

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Buck: "We have five guys we were not going to use tonight, or couldn’t in some cases because of what we did to beat Cincinnati three times."</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">September 6, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is not true.

Hunter since the beginning of August:

14.1 IP, 13 Hits, 0 BB (0.91 WHIP), 8 K's, and a 2.51 ERA.

I feel like Meek just gives up runs every time out. I'd be happy if so never saw him grow a pitch in an O's uni again.

How did Saunders look, I saw on Gameday, he hit his 1st batter (jitters I guess) then induced a GIDP.

I thought Joe looked good. With the guy he might have been trying to come inside after he saw him square around to bunt. He sure looked good after that, he wasn't fazed a bit and got the ground ball.

Joe could be very useful come playoff time.

I thought Joe looked good. With the guy he might have been trying to come inside after he saw him square around to bunt. He sure looked good after that, he wasn't fazed a bit and got the ground ball.

Joe could be very useful come playoff time.

Joe was his magnificent self.

Archived