Christian Walker to be called up by the O's today

xian4

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Makes sense with Davis out. RT <a href="https://twitter.com/MLBRosterMoves">@MLBRosterMoves</a>: The <a href="https://twitter.com/Orioles">@Orioles</a> select INF Christian Walker from Triple-A Norfolk.</p>? keithlaw (@keithlaw) <a href="
">September 17, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>O's were torn on what to do with 1B Christian Walker, because they didn't have to put him on 40-man this winter. But need is immediate.</p>? Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) <a href="

">September 17, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Probably not a regular 1b long-term. RT <a href="https://twitter.com/KBau35">@KBau35</a>: <a href="https://twitter.com/keithlaw">@keithlaw</a> thoughts on Walker?</p>? keithlaw (@keithlaw) <a href="https://twitter.com/keithlaw/status/512305998774960130">September 17, 2014</a></blockquote>

Has Keith Law even seen him play? I read that but after watching a bunch of games this season on MILB.TV, the kid looks like a ballplayer to me. Great batting eye. I am no scout, but to say probably not a regular 1B logn term is nuts to me. That comment really fires me up.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Harbor Park wasn't responsible for him striking out in 33 of 99 road at-bats. That, more than anything else, suggests that he is not ready to contribute at the big league level.

He was actually a significantly better hitter at home with Norfolk. He had 2 homers and 7 doubles in 67 at-bats at home. He had 4 homers and 3 doubles in 99 road at-bats.

Did Christian Walker steal your girlfriend? :) Geesh...

Harbor Park wasn't responsible for him striking out in 33 of 99 road at-bats. That, more than anything else, suggests that he is not ready to contribute at the big league level.

He was actually a significantly better hitter at home with Norfolk. He had 2 homers and 7 doubles in 67 at-bats at home. He had 4 homers and 3 doubles in 99 road at-bats.

So how is he any different than Chris Davis???

Lol god what a dingus.

I guess I'm a dingus, too :cool:

I get being rubbed the wrong way by Law's demeanor/delivery, but this is not an atypical opinion among evaluators from what I understand.

I think Walker has a shot at carving out a legitimate career - but as a somewhat unconventional 1B bat. Think a more athletic Billy Butler. That's the ceiling for me. Maybe a 25% chance at becoming a regular starter for a good chunk of time.

Chris Davis had poor seasons before that is why the Rangers gave up on him. He just failed a drug test. I am sure if he were scheduled to make 5 million next year we would keep him. But the selfishness of his hitting is not going to win any appreciation from management. Hit the other way when they are giving you the whole left side of the infield. When you get two strikes shorten your swing. Buck mentioned that he told Chris even if you hit 35 home runs you have another 600 plate appearances to worry about.

Chris had a terrible season and he didn't even try to change his approach. They pull the shift on Pearce he hits the other way. The drug suspension didn't help his cause. No reason to spend 10 million dollars based on Davis' performance in 2014.

I feel like I am having the same argument I had two years ago about Mark Reynolds. It is like if a guy hits a few home runs you forget about all the other glaring holes in his game. It is perplexing to me.

Can we please stop this kind of stuff? If it was so easy for some hitters to just hit the ball where ever they wanted, we probably wouldn't see extreme infield shifts on half the batters in MLB.

I guess I'm a dingus, too :cool:

I get being rubbed the wrong way by Law's demeanor/delivery, but this is not an atypical opinion among evaluators from what I understand.

I think Walker has a shot at carving out a legitimate career - but as a somewhat unconventional 1B bat. Think a more athletic Billy Butler. That's the ceiling for me. Maybe a 25% chance at becoming a regular starter for a good chunk of time.

Some of us, don't put much faith in what Law's says. He is very opinionated as most sport guys are, however, he isn't somebody that you book on what he says.

Archived