Christian Walker to be called up by the O's today

xian4

I like this move. Pearce will take care of him. They're are both Gamecock alums. Many who get paid to evaluate talent believe he, (Walker) has the best power in the organization, even here in Baltimore.

Way, way too many Gamecocks on the team;) Go Tigers!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imagine what Walker must be feeling? He is gonna have mini audition for a first place team. The odds are he will not be in post season. However its also obvious that if he hits the cover off the ball he just might find his way into a game in the playoffs. Good luck my lad. God give you wings.....like Redballs does.

Imagine what Walker must be feeling? He is gonna have mini audition for a first place team. The odds are he will not be in post season. However its also obvious that if he hits the cover off the ball he just might find his way into a game in the playoffs. Good luck my lad. God give you wings.....like Redballs does.

(1) I'd be shocked to see him on the postseason roster, regardless of how he performs over the next 10-15 days.

(2) I really, really don't want to know what having red balls has to do with sprouting wings.

(1) I'd be shocked to see him on the postseason roster, regardless of how he performs over the next 10-15 days.

(2) I really, really don't want to know what having red balls has to do with sprouting wings.

I'll only respond to #1, and say he could find himself there if he comes up and spits hot fire like Dylon. No reason to take Kelly Johnson or one of Berry/Lough if Walker is raking.

Oh well once again we can easily see who is right. People were just disagreeing with me a second ago that Chris Walker would be called up.

People probably didn't think Jim Johnson was shown the door. And I got the same argument about Mark Reynolds and he was let go.

I think if they go on the 60 day disabled list you get them off until the beginning of the next season.

You were right. It was easy to see who was wrong. Once again it was you.

I'll only respond to #1, and say he could find himself there if he comes up and spits hot fire like Dylon. No reason to take Kelly Johnson or one of Berry/Lough if Walker is raking.

Maybe...but there's a pretty big difference between playing in the types of games Walker will see now versus October. Entirely different level of competition/atmosphere in the playoffs (which would counsel in favor of a vet like Johnson), and Walker wasn't exactly lighting up AAA.

Maybe...but there's a pretty big difference between playing in the types of games Walker will see now versus October. Entirely different level of competition/atmosphere in the playoffs (which would counsel in favor of a vet like Johnson), and Walker wasn't exactly lighting up AAA.

Psshh, not on this team. If Walls can come up and rake in pressure situations, I'm sure Walker can too.

All this talk about him playing for us in the playoffs, Is he even eligible? I thought there was a roster cut off a little while ago and even talked about it on MASN about adding De Aza last second?

Obviously thats very optimistic and the chances are he will not, but I'm more curious about playoff roster rules this late in the season.

I think it is a mistake to add Walker. It burns an option next year that he would not otherwise have used and it adds him to the 40 man roster an offseason earlier than necessary. He is a first baseman who had a .763 OPS in 44 games at AAA. He isn't ready and he shouldn't be here until next year. There is little upside to losing the roster flexibility for 11 games in September when we have already clinched. I hope that everyone remembers this if/when there is a 40-man roster crunch over the next 11 months.

I think it is a mistake to add Walker. It burns an option next year that he would not otherwise have used and it adds him to the 40 man roster an offseason earlier than necessary. He is a first baseman who had a .763 OPS in 44 games at AAA. He isn't ready and he shouldn't be here until next year. There is little upside to losing the roster flexibility for 11 games in September when we have already clinched. I hope that everyone remembers this if/when there is a 40-man roster crunch over the next 11 months.

I think the key here, is to give Pearce and his wrist some rest and get Pearce healthy for the playoffs and screw the 40 man roster crunch and burning an option here.

Of course, IMO, and I am not the GM, but I do play one on the internet. :laughlol:

I think it's a beautiful move. Several players can get a little more rest ahead of prime time. And we have several starters that may not be back next year. If you fill any of those positions with someone already on the 40 man, so much the better.

Archived