2014 WORLD SERIES (Giants vs. Royals)

OFFNY

So honestly. You lose game seven of the World Series by one run, at home, with a runner on third. That's worse than getting swept by a luck team in the ALCS. That's the kinda stuff that takes your sleep away through the winter.

Aren't the Royals the first home team to lose a 7th game since we lost in 79?

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hadn't watched much of the series, but I guess I was passively rooting for the Giants after the frustration of the Orioles losing to KC.

But I watched tonight, and in the final moments I definitely found myself pulling for the Royals. Just for the excitement of the game.

Sometimes I watch an at-bat in October and am struck thinking, Wow, this will 100% be the biggest at-bat of this player's career. I remember thinking that watching Dan Johnson's HR trot after he tied the game in game 162 against the Yankees in 2011. I definitely thought it during Salvador Perez's game-ending AB tonight.

Great game. Great series. I love baseball. It should have been the O's!

How did Bumgarner get the win? Giants broke the tie in the top of the 4th. Bumgarner came in an inning later. Was this just the official scorer saying "Eh, it's a good story"?

When a starter doesn't go five, it's the scorer's discretion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So honestly. You lose game seven of the World Series by one run, at home, with a runner on third. That's worse than getting swept by a luck team in the ALCS. That's the kinda stuff that takes your sleep away through the winter.

I'm not sure I agree with that. They still won the pennant which people will remember longer than who they had to beat to get it. I didn't watch one single inning but I did listen on the SF feed in the bottom of the 9th and heard our old pal Jon Miller. Having said all that, deal with it KC!

Archived