2014 WORLD SERIES (Giants vs. Royals)

OFFNY

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am in awe. I have been following this sport for decades and I had never seen something like this. It's not like he was facing a punchless lineup. Those guys have been scalding hot, tough outs all of them, and he comes in and completely shuts them down. Not one time, but three times in the series. The last one on two days rest. This was a game 7 to tell your grandkids about.

I am in awe. I have been following this sport for decades and I had never seen something like this. It's not like he was facing a punchless lineup. Those guys have been scalding hot, tough outs all of them, and he comes in and completely shuts them down. Not one time, but three times in the series. The last one on two days rest. This was a game 7 to tell your grandkids about.

It's still sinking in. In a series (a whole postseason) built on Royals' good luck and crazy amounts of breaks, it was easy to lose sight of one guy who stopped them every time it was needed. A total stud.

It's still sinking in. In a series (a whole postseason) built on Royals' good luck and crazy amounts of breaks, it was easy to lose sight of one guy who stopped them every time it was needed. A total stud.

That delivery of his is special. Watching a crafty lefty work is one of the great experiences in baseball. The O's had their own in Andrew Miller, at least for half a season. Bumgarner is like an Andrew Miller who can pitch limitless innings.

Has to be the best game 7 since 2001.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The difference in demeanor between the Giants and the Royals throughout the series was amazing. The Giants did behave as they had been there before.

Let's be honest - they have.

I understand and even feel a lot of the angst with how the Royals carried themselves. And I keep hearing that phrase "act like you've been there before". But they haven't. This was totally new for them. Maybe now that they realize how much it sucks to lose a playoff series, they'll carry themselves a little better.

Archived